Interview Experience February New Grad RN

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to write this blog about the experience I just had interviewing with both Sharp Memorial New grad RN program as well as Scripps Encinitas New grad RN program. I actually got them on the same date just 3 hours apart. So it was good to have the experience of the first one right before the second.

The Sharp interview, I feel as if though I completely bombed it. I had a few friends who also interviewed and almost everyone else's interview took about 30 min at least and mine was only 15 min. I don't think I talked that fast; however, it went by so quick so I feel like they didn't like me and they rushed through the questions. I am usually very good in interviews and calm and collected, but this time around I was so nervous I could feel my lip quivering. It was as if though this was the first interview I have ever been on and I didn't get it. I was so nervous, at the end I didn't even shake the managers hand when I said goodbye, I just said thank you and goodbye and walked out. I feel like such a loser for forgetting that when that is like interview 101. The questions for this interview were all scenario questions, all "Tell me about a time...". So you really have to dig deep and remember your clinical rotations. And this panel consisted of 5 people. Still haven't heard back but it hasn't been very long yet, but not too hopeful.

The Scripps interview on the other hand I feel went better. It was nerve-wracking because you interview with another person. One is facing one panel on one side, the other person is facing the other panel on the other side. So you could hear the other person. Although I feel like I was so focused on my interview I did not really hear anything, but just seeing it freaks you out a little bit. The questions for this interview were almost all personal questions and all about personality, which I thought were much easier to answer. This interview seemed so much more relaxed. I only had 2 people on the panel. Still waiting to hear back.

+ Add a Comment