Nclex passing letter

World Registration

Published

Hello,

I passed NCLEX exam at Illinois Board last Feb 2017. Unfortunately, I was not able to apply licensure within 1 year as stated in my passing letter. Am I be able to apply passed 1 year of my passing letter or I need to retake the whole NCLEX exam? Thank you!

Specializes in Geriatrics.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Once you pass NCLEX unless you move to another state that is not a compact state you will not have to take the test again, just make sure you keep your license up to date and do your continuing education credits.

Sorry If I misunderstood the question.

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Did you train in the US or outside the US?

Working here in Abu Dhabi.

Shall I need to apply licensure within 1 year of notification of the passing letter otherwise I will required to take the examination at the state of Illinois?

Specializes in Medical-Surgical Nursing.

Are you talking about renewal of your RN license? Cuz if you passed NCLEX-RN, you passed it. That's it. You don't need to retake it once you passed it regardless of whatever State you applied for cuz it's a National exam, so as the acronym itself NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination). You mentioned Illinois. You might need to visit Illinois' Board of Nursing's website. Read all the information about renewing your RN license.

Specializes in Medical-Surgical Nursing.
Shall I need to apply licensure within 1 year of notification of the passing letter otherwise I will required to take the examination at the state of Illinois?

I thought you applied already and passed the NCLEX? Sorry if I also misunderstood the question.

+ Add a Comment