Sunbelt Staffing school nurse?

Specialties School

Published

Does anyone (especially new grad RN's) have any experience as a school nurse working for the agency "Sunbelt Staffing"? My questions:

-How is the agency? Would you recommend?

-Do they provide good training/orientation?

-How is the pay?

-Do they take in new graduate BSN RN's without any experience?

Specializes in NCSN.

I don't know about this specific agency, but I used to sub at schools via an agency.

If you are looking to get specific training regarding school nursing, this most likely won't happen via the agency. My district is the only one where I had a mini 45 minute training on the charting system when I was a sub, most everywhere else I was just plopped in and had to figure it all out myself. the "training" the agency provided was just a one day orientation about the agency itself and how to submit the paperwork to get paid and how to pick up opportunities.

Usually agencies don't care about experience, so you can get hired on at the agency, but it might be difficult for them to place you in a school without experience.

I hope that helped a little bit!

Specializes in School nursing.
I don't know about this specific agency, but I used to sub at schools via an agency.

If you are looking to get specific training regarding school nursing, this most likely won't happen via the agency. My district is the only one where I had a mini 45 minute training on the charting system when I was a sub, most everywhere else I was just plopped in and had to figure it all out myself. the "training" the agency provided was just a one day orientation about the agency itself and how to submit the paperwork to get paid and how to pick up opportunities.

Usually agencies don't care about experience, so you can get hired on at the agency, but it might be difficult for them to place you in a school without experience.

I hope that helped a little bit!

We hired a long-term sub to cover a maternity leave vs an agency at my school. The agency provided no training and the nurse had never worked at a school (did have other nursing experience in peds). I trained the nurse because I was available during an afternoon after school just before the nurse started because I had time available and my school was willing to pay the agency for this nurse's time as well.

But this is really not the norm, I think.

And the pay is okay. This is school nursing. Even agency pay isn't hospital pay, at least not even close in my state.

+ Add a Comment