CA RN license by endorsement

U.S.A. California

Published

Hi,

I am currently licensed in AZ and mailed in my application and all paperwork about 2 weeks ago. I tried to do it online but it wasn't working for me so I decided to send everything via mail. Just wondering if this would cause any additional delays. I did make a BrEeze account but it just has my incomplete application since I tried to do it online but failed. Does anyone else have any experience with mailing everything and not submitting online? Thanks guys!

Specializes in Psychiatric and Mental Health NP (PMHNP).

The California BON states paper applications may take longer to process. Perhaps you can get someone to help you with the online process. Good luck.

I wonder how much longer. I've heard people that did it online and it took 4 months. Just wondering if it's worth submitting online at this point. I already mailed in my check and all documents 2 weeks ago.

Hello!

I'm afraid I have nothing but bad news.

I have read that the ONLY way to expedite this process is if you take in your (initial) application in person to the State Board of Nursing in Sacremento. By doing this after you have already submitted a previous application will 1. lose you money - your original application fee is gone. non-refundable) and 2. I have heard that it cancels out your initial submission - putting you back at square one..

The only real way to do it now - would be to wait.. The problem I am currently having is, I submitted my RN endorsement application back in early feb.. On my BreEZe account - under the status area. I have always had 1 drop down bar which had my intital RN Endorsement application.. But today when I decided to check up on things - I see that there are now 2 drop down bars - one is my intital application which was submitted on 02/13/2018.. And the other says its my RN Endorsement w/ Temp License application - which is claiming to have been submitted yesterday, 03/14/2018... ??? I have not submitted anything (actually have tried avoiding logging in because of the frustration that empty little page brings me) since first applying.. I have not altered or added anything. So I am wondering why they have added an application in my file and have dated it as yesterday.. If this pushes back my processing date - I am going to go crazy... I have been unemployed for 4 months now - and am getting married in July.. I do not understand how slow and how horrible their system is.

Sorry to vent on your question, but I would honestly just wait it out and see what happens.. Doing anything just confuses people (the people running this circus) and then they make mistakes.. They do have a number you can try and call - if you want to wait on hold for 3 days.. Also an email address.. But again.. No response.. Ill post them below in case you want to try it. :)

Ps. You can monitor their processing times on their website.. (if you were not aware of it)

Temp License has a process projection of 8-10 weeks (went up from 6-8 weeks when I first submitted mine in Feb) - they are processing early Jan applications. And Endorsement Applications have a 10-12 week processing time, and they are still processing Decemeber.. They were in late November when I started.. It looks like it takes them about a week or two to process one week of applications..

Processing page: Processing Times

*it's updated weekly on Tuesdays

Main Line #: (916) 322-3350

Email for Applicant Qs: [email protected]

I hope everything works out for you!

Good luck!

+ Add a Comment