Teachers who bring some humor in the day.

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

I love when teachers try to bring humor in a school day, even if they don't know that it lifts your spirits up.

I love my History teacher here, he's very quiet but funny.

I call for his student all the time for his medication, and he answered with a "Pizza hut, may I help you?" and I cracked up and told him, "Yes I would like this student for the Medical aide office?" and he answered with a "Would you like cheese with that?" and I responded, "yes, please!" and he said, "Your order will be down soon."

Any good stories of funny moments like this?

Specializes in Med-surg, school nursing..

I had a teacher send up a nurse pass that said "other: Student has Mr. SoAndSo for a teacher". I sent it back saying "Diagnosis: S.O.L".

The same teacher always answers his phone with weird sayings.

One year I had a teacher send a student with a clinic pass written on a paper plate. Took a picture of it and sent an email proclaiming it the best pass of the month. For the next couple of months they were trying to outdo each other, made for some really interesting passes!

Specializes in Med-Surg, Oncology, School Nursing, OB.

I had one teacher who would write on his passes things like it may be the West Nile Virus or Flesh Eating bacteria or you may have to amputate. Things like that. They always made me and the kids laugh. Of course all my passes go home so he said he only did it with kids he knew whose parents wouldn't be offended by it. We also have a sub who retired from our school and subs almost full time and she is just so darn funny. She always answers the phone funny and tells me funny stories about what the kids tell her but she won't send me kids unless they legitimately have a real problem which I appreciate!

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.
One year I had a teacher send a student with a clinic pass written on a paper plate. Took a picture of it and sent an email proclaiming it the best pass of the month. For the next couple of months they were trying to outdo each other, made for some really interesting passes!

One of ours has a poop emoji for his bathroom pass. I asked what the emoji was for my pass and he hasn't gotten back to me...he just doesn't send kids to the clinic. Or maybe he's so engaging that they don't feel the need to step out.

And a teacher just managed me up - "Our nurse is excellent and she'll take good care of you." It was very nice!

Specializes in School Nurse.

Sounds like a great way to avoid HIPAA/RESPA issues :)

Slightly off topic but we ran our code blue (CPR) team drill today. I have a designated team of about 10 staff, but all the coaches are CPR trained.

When we called the code, I started CPR on the manikin. When I looked up a minute later.....30 staff around me. Including some who I did not know knew CPR! 4-minute imaginary code. WOOHOO!

Specializes in Med Surg, Tele, School Nurse, EMT/FF.

Just had a dance off in the hall with one of the other teachers. Fridays are my favorite! :happy:

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.
Just had a dance off in the hall with one of the other teachers. Fridays are my favorite! :happy:

I want a dance off at my school!

+ Add a Comment