RPN to RN

World Canada CA Programs

Published

I'm pretty sure there's already a topic for this somewhere on this site so i apologize in advance. So basically I graduated from Centennial College in Dec 2014 with a 2.912 average (69%?) with no fails or repeats in any courses. Centennial college rpn program also will not allow you to repeat any courses-so upgrading is not an option. I have been working on general internal medicine unit for 3 years. I'm currently enrolled in Athabasca because thats the only school that accepted me. However, i'm finding it difficult because I learn better in person vs online, and the requirement to pass is a 76% average-which is quite high. (i applied to nippising previously and did not get accepted because they required a 3.0 average)

I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me and found another option in getting into a school in toronto for a bachlors in Nursing? I was told even if they did allow me into a bridging program-lets say centennial, I still wouldnt be able to get into Ryersons nursing program because theyre "very strict" and require the 3.0 average which i don't have. Most bridging programs require minumum 3.0 average (70%) or higher. And it is unfortunate that schools don't look at work experience at all.

Thanks!

Have you considered doing an RPN specialty certificate then applying to RN at Nississing or UOIT or you could even ask Centennial if they would take into account a RPN specialty GPA in addition. Look into Centennial's Hybrid program.

Another option since you are already in Athabasca I am assuming you have completed year one just work at finishing up. If you think you can do Athabasca then stick it out.

+ Add a Comment