Evidence Base Research Shows...

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I was joking with my boss today that from now on everything I say is going to start with "Evidence based research shows that.............and finish my thought.

Such as "Evidence based research shows that if you runaround with your shoes untied your going to fall on your face."

Let's hear yours and remember to begin with Evidence based research shows.........

Have fun

Hppy

Specializes in LTC.

Evidenced based research shows that if you don't lay enough chux down after administering an enema to your patient, the results will likely be an "explossive" trip up **** creek without a paddle. Literally.

Evidence based research shows that when all 10 of your pens disappear halfway through your shift and you have to resort to borrowing one, the person who says, "Here, I can lend you have one of mine" is usually the one who swiped it off your clipboard to begin with.

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.

Evidence based research shows that if you give a chux/covidian/blue pad a good shake to open it up, all the fluff will slide to one end, and it will NEVER be smooth again. And the Mom will not be impressed. At all.

Open carefully

Money doesn't grow on trees.

Don't waste good supplies

Specializes in ER/SICU/House Float.
MrNurse(x2) said:
Exactly! Evidence based research shows that people have an agenda.

I was pulled to Cardiac Surgery recovery unit. There was a post op going through the ROOF. He was being hit with Haldol. The nurse (practitioner, I didn't realize at the time) was giving me EBP rationale that Ativan was inappropriate. I responded with how you have to hit them multiple times with Haldol and eventually they become obtunded for days and are worse off when it comes to rehab. Ativan lets them sleep and that is normally what is causing the issue, anyway. She asked for my EBP, I told her 25 years of work. She ordered Ativan, he slept, and he was fine up on the floor to start ambulation.

Evidence base mean some nurses that know longer wanted to do bedside care needed jobs so nursing research base jobs happened. I have the same conversations happen a lot with new NP that have very little bedside experience but all types of educational research based education.

Kitiger said:
Evidence based research shows that if you give a chux/covidian/blue pad a good shake to open it up, all the fluff will slide to one end, and it will NEVER be smooth again. And the Mom will not be impressed. At all.

Open carefully

Money doesn't grow on trees.

Don't waste good supplies

Wait! Is this a haiku? An EBR haiku about chux? Woo!

Specializes in critical care, ER,ICU, CVSURG, CCU.

Evidence based research, demonstrates to this 69 yr. nurse with 45.5 years experience, who still has critical care "game".....

That working 25 hr/wk. as a wound care nurse , equates to better quality of life at this stage of my career , also it's M-F.

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.

Evidence based research shows that if a home care client has a viral upper respiratory infection, the likelihood that the nurse will also get sick is determined by the following formula:

Sick client X tendency to spew "stuff" when coughing X nurse's exposure in number of hours X number of shifts X number of family members who are also sick / consistent use of face mask by nurse / frequent hand washing / use of hand sanitizer / NEVER touching my face while working / bathing, washing my hair, and changing my clothes upon arrival home / 8 hours of sleep per night = ONE HEALTHY NURSE! :yes:

Always have clean hands

Face masks are most important

Leave the crud at work

Evidence-based research shows I can be happy never working as hospital nurse again.

+ Add a Comment