Really Hating the Words...

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School.

I don't know. I get this answer from LD all the time when asking them questions and it drives me up the wall. Getting information can be so frustrating.

Well, now I am the one saying, "I don't know." My mom is not doing well. She has stage 4 lung cancer and has just come out of the hospital for the flu and pneumonia. I went up Friday (Oklahoma) and returned home yesterday. I was about an hour away from home when I got word they had called an ambulance for my mom. At this point they cannot do anymore Chemo due to her being so weak and her body is wore out. She is not ready to go on hospice, so I still have questions I expected to have answered this weekend but no answers. When people ask question all I can say is "I don't know."

Specializes in School Nursing.

Sending you lots of love and prayers, xoxox

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

lots of love to you both.

Specializes in IMC, school nursing.

Prayers, so sorry you are going through this. Never easy.

Specializes in School.
Prayers, so sorry you are going through this. Never easy.

Being 500 miles away sucks at times like this. Thanks for the prayers. Prayer has gotten me through some pretty rough times.

Specializes in ED, School Nurse.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Prayers for you and your mom. >

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

That's right ctate...you DON'T know, so don't pressure yourself into believing you should. Only God knows for sure and most of the time He doesn't let us in on the plan. Each day, each moment, will unfold accordingly so, please, don't second guess yourself, don't dwell on what could or should be. Nurses's have care plans and interventions and goals and documentation and we "fix" things a zillions times a day. And we have an endless supply of compassion for others. So when that plan is wrested from our control, especially when it's "mom," we go off the rails and start feeling responsible. Try not to go there. I pray for God's Grace and strength for your mom and for you during this turbulent time.

It's never easy so see a loved one so sick. Prayers to your mom and hugs to you.

Specializes in School nursing.

Hugs to you and your mom, ctate.

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

It is super hard to get out of nurse mode. Be in daughter mode now if you can. Hugs to all y'all.

Specializes in Med-surg, school nursing..

Love and prayers, friend.

Specializes in NCSN.

Sending Prayers, love and peace your way.

Like the other's said, it's ok not to know. All you can do is focus on the things you can control from here, even if it's not as much as you'd like it to be.

+ Add a Comment