Columbia College Calgary, Alberta. Give your reviews please.

World Canada CA Programs

Published

Hello Everyone. I have applied to Columbia College Calgary,Alberta (Canada) for the Licensed Practical Nursing course. I met the studentadviser and she said I am qualified to join the course and I can start theadmission process soon. My main question is that I want to know how good thisColumbia College is. It's a private and expensive. Just want to if it's worthit...

I have applied to Bow Valley College but so many applicantsthat I have wait for another year.

Please let me me know if anyone of you have done the LPNcourse in the Columbia College and give your honest review about the coursegiven in that college. Thank you somuch. Your comments will help me todecide whether to take the course in this college or not.

Google the programme. Find out how many graduates pass the registration exam on the first try.

Also read the forum. AHS has an unofficial hiring freeze. Calgary and Edmonton are having a hard time absorbing recent grads into the system. Do not believe school recruiters when they urge you to sign up because of the demand for nurses.

Hi I am in the works of the same program and I also wondered the same thing. Congratulations! May start up if all goes well and the college checks out...we may be study buddies! lol

As for the person's comment below about googling it...the question was if anyone had taken the course and if it was good and to have the honest opinion of the course/curriculum. Googling it does not answer that question...thats even if the info that is googled is even correct/valid. Despite the hiring freeze, if still in

effect, AHS is not the only place to be a nurse.

So hopefully someone who actually attended Columbia college in Calgary and took the program for nursing could please comment next time? This is crucial to know so money is not going down the drain.

I was also hoping someone who actually did the course could tell us about his or her experience.. Study buddies, coool..

Hi I am in the works of the same program and I also wondered the same thing. Congratulations! May start up if all goes well and the college checks out...we may be study buddies! lol

As for the person's comment below about googling it...the question was if anyone had taken the course and if it was good and to have the honest opinion of the course/curriculum. Googling it does not answer that question...thats even if the info that is googled is even correct/valid. Despite the hiring freeze, if still in

effect, AHS is not the only place to be a nurse.

So hopefully someone who actually attended Columbia college in Calgary and took the program for nursing could please comment next time? This is crucial to know so money is not going down the drain.

Well, that's me told. AHS hires the vast majority of nurses within the province, be it acute care, public health, Corrections. There are faith based organizations and LTC, doctors clinics but they do not hire in the same numbers.

If truth be told, managers prefer to hire from Norquest and Bow Valley (the traditional training facilities) or programmes affiliated with them. A known standard with a good reputation.

CDI, Steinberg had terrible reputations.

But hey, go ahead and take massive loans.

Call them and ask them what their CPRNE pass rate is. Contact CLPNA for the information.

Critical thinking and using your research skills are all vital in a nursing career.

By the way your user name is on violation of TOS.

Specializes in NICU, PICU, PCVICU and peds oncology.

Holy moly, that's an expensive program! Nearly $73,000? Whoa!! Their website claims 100% pass rate for the CPNRE and 85% employment rate. But $73,000???

1 Votes

hi. Did you find anything about the LPN course in the Columbia college ? Are you taking the course this coming May ? I am almost on verge of getting in. M done with educational requirements. now i need is the police check and immunization. M still making sure ..

Hello! I’ve just applied to the PN program at Columbia College. I was wondering if you were admitted, and if so, how are you finding your studies?

+ Add a Comment