The RV lifestyle

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in OB, Medical-Legal, Public Health.

I need your help. My husband and I caught the minimizing bug. We sold our home, bought an RV and are traveling across the United States. Like most veteran nurses I have a bundle of experience. My favorite positions were inpatient obstetrics and legal nurse consulting. I am 59. My education has been gradual over three decades from LVN to MSN.

Full-time RVers have to declare a domicile, a place to register to vote, pay your taxes and collect your mail. We chose Texas. I'm a native. I've gone through the necessary steps to reactivate my Texas license. A jurisprudence exam and fingerprinting were necessary. My active license is in North Carolina, a compact state.

I want to work part-time. These are my questions:

• How do I know which job markets are over-saturated? I'd love to return to the legal arena, but are there too many?
  • Is there an area of specialization which needs applicants, or is everyone trying to work from home?
  • What about travel nursing? My last four years of employment were in rural, public health. Does that disqualify me from applying?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Specializes in Peds, Med-Surg, Disaster Nsg, Parish Nsg.

This sounds like an interesting adventure. Please post here and keep us updated of your journey and experiences.

Specializes in OB, Medical-Legal, Public Health.

Thank you. I will. I see you were a Parish Nurse. Me, too.

When we sold our home we owned four Labradors. They are on the journey with us and keep it interesting. December and January along the forgotten coast in Florida was wonderful. We'll hang out in Texas for the remaining cold months and head toward the Pacific Northwest this Spring. Many describe it as the most beautiful place in the U.S. We're excited.

+ Add a Comment