What's the nicest thing a parent said to you?

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

A parent said I was brilliant. And it was said in a scorching British accent so it made me so haaaapppy!

Specializes in School health, pediatrics.

We have an Australian family, and the mom often tells me I'm brilliant, or a gem. If the family wasn't so demanding it would mean alot more, lol!

That they trust me implicitly.

Specializes in School nursing.

"I truly appreciate all you do for my child."

"Happy Birthday!!" and then gave me a birthday gift :inlove:

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

"we're withdrawing "LD" to go to another school."

Specializes in NCSN.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

"Thank you SO MUCH! You helped my child finally be able to see and do better in school!"

Specializes in Med-surg, school nursing..

My T1D kiddo's parents: "We know you love our kids and care for them like your own".

I've been with both the these kids (siblings) since they were diagnosed.

Specializes in IMC, school nursing.

Just had this TODAY, my wife was even happier than I was.

Specializes in School.

Told me thank you for doing a new enrollment hearing test. LD failed test, grandmother had it looked at....Yep, has a hole in his eardrum. Every year after she put something like this, "hearing problem discovered by school nurse."

A parent said I was brilliant. And it was said in a scorching British accent so it made me so haaaapppy!

Whenever I read the word "brilliant," I read it with a Brittsh accent:)

I guess the nicest thing anyone did was a follow-up call. A girl sliced open her finger, and was unable to keep pressure to stop the bleeding (she was fascinated and kept looking at it instead of squeezing it). Her mom was at a conference 2 hours away, and her father lives out of state. I finally told the girl to finish eating her lunch with her good hand, and I would glove up and squeeze her finger. Finally got the bleeding under control. It wasn't life-threatening, so I didn't see the point of calling 911, but I didn't want to send her back to class, either, so she hung with me and read while we waited for mom. Mom called after they left the ER, and said "Thank you, you made the right call, she needed stitches. I'm glad I didn't pick her up for nothing." This mom is intense, and is a bit of a workaholic, so for her, that was about as nice as it gets:)

+ Add a Comment