Quick: need a code word

Specialties School

Published

or a code phrase......

The principal would like to come up with some type of code word or phrase, that teachers can use to alert ME that I need to call a students parent to see if they received their meds in the morning at home.

We have 2 very old (1800's) buildings so we communicate by walkie talkie or by this ancient call in the room thingy loudspeaker (no phones).

Any ideas? I am terrible at coming up with names of things....but this is **supposed** to make it easier for ME...LOL.

BeckyESRN

1,263 Posts

Stale saltines? "Scuba Nurse, student x needs some stale saltines":cheeky:

Eleven011

1,250 Posts

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

"can we get a morning checkup on Johnny?"

tining, BSN, RN

1,071 Posts

Specializes in School Nurse.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25999[/ATTACH]

ruby_jane, BSN, RN

3,142 Posts

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

This is something the teachers feel they can't do themselves? Shouldn't THEY come up with the code word?

LD needs to see a man about a horse?

OldDude

1 Article; 4,787 Posts

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

I like Arugula...

Operation Snowflake!!

ruby_jane, BSN, RN

3,142 Posts

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

Elvis has left the building?

Flare, ASN, BSN

4,431 Posts

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

"Jason is coming to you for a CODE RITE AID"

honestly, i always thought in schools that had no phone system that there should be some sort of IM system so that we could discreetly message the teacher to find out if Hannah and Becky and Julia are here because they are truly sick or trying to skip a 6th period math quiz

Beth1978

43 Posts

I like Arugula...

Me too!

YoNastyMama

Specializes in Psych, Peds, Education, Infection Control.

We used to joke when I worked in a peds office that if a kid had crazy parents, we'd put a stamp of a peanut on the chart...and if they asked, it was "oh, it's because we just love your little peanut!" The code word isn't a bad idea, given your situation, though those who want it should probably have come up with it. I assume it's the ADHD/behavioral meds the teachers want checked on - just my department. :) Maybe Snickers? Hmm, little Johnny's really having a rough morning, maybe he needs a Snickers...LOL.

+ Add a Comment