Marian University ABSN Summer 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hey guys! I just got conditionally accepted into the program. I am currently taking 3 MAP courses and as long as I pass them - I'm in :) Has anyone else been reserved a seat yet? I know the official acceptances come out on March 12th.

Anyone looking for a roommate?

hello, I was thinking of applying for Fall 2018 and relocating from NYC. if so I'll need a roommate. Where are you coming from?

I already start the program and have my apartment lol sorry. Just wait until you meet your Fall cohort and see if they need roommates.

How do you like it so far?

The program is alright so far. I'm in week 4 now and everything moves really quickly. I wouldn't say it's super hard yet - you just have to stay organized. I love the online lecture part of it - not worth wasting gas going to school everyday lol. I have a 3 hour lab class on Mondays and 8 hour clinical/lab days Tuesday and Wednesdays. Then exams on Thursdays and Fridays sometimes. The only classes I'd say are hard are Patho and Pharm but I just need to study more honestly then it may seem easier. The teachers are cool, some nicer than others - but most of the exams are just based on the powerpoints honestly. Just be good at memorizing. And also, they are strict about time. 5 minutes late could easily get you a write up.

Please continue to update I'm following your Marian ABSN journey, planning to attend there next year maybe-hopefully. Care to share the desirable neighborhood to rent? Thanks

What pre-reqs did you need for Marian. Where did take them?

I live in Fishers, while it is more expensive than the other neighborhoods, it's much safer. I don't have a roommate, and honestly if I did, my rent would probably still be the same lol.

I took most of my prerequisites at the University where I got my first Bachelors degree. You just need Anatomy, Physiology, Micro, Statistics, Theology, Abnormal Psych, Soc. etc. basically all of your social sciences too. I only too Physiology, Micro, and Theology at Marian. Just make sure you have above a 2.8 GPA. The school is not competitive though. My overall GPA was a 2.8 and my science GPA was a 3.4 lol. Just apply super early. Spring & Summer is their least competitive period, but Fall is their most competitive so you would need a high GPA to get in during that time. You do NOT need to take the TEAS or HESI either.

Ok, thank you. I'm taking a&p 1 now at a community college. I just need to take ap2, micro,Theo, statistics and ab psy I think. Did you do the portage learning at Marian. Did you like that?

What is portage learning?

Marian online pre req classes. Courses - Portage Learning

+ Add a Comment