Teachers complaining about you

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

Rant time!

I had a teacher come to my office just now, upset because I sent an email to my bosses about a letter she didn't give out when she was suppose to.

I sent out a Mononucleosis letter because we had a student diagnosed with it and I was told to send out a letter. I printed them and distributed to all the teachers. I sent them emails and reminders about it, to please give them out at the end of the day, as well informed them when I gave it out.

This one teacher, I went to her personally, I handed it to her, I asked please give them out at the end of the day. She just looked at me and said okay.

This was last week, today I got a student with the paper and he said the teacher gave it just today. I am upset because these had a date on it and it was last week. Parents are going to be upset because of the date and why it was sent until today.

I told my principal and AP who's my supervisor and explained that this teacher did this and I'm just worried about the flack we will get later because of the date and issue on the disease.

Then just now, the teacher comes in here upset and starts to confront me that she didn't have this class only once a week and when I put in her desk, I interrupted her class. I apologized even if it wasn't my fault, but she's clearly upset and told me I have no right to email about her.

I spoke again to my principal about this and he said it's okay, and I did my job right.

Rant end/

Specializes in NCSN.

Great Job on being the bigger person. :)

You can only do so much and it sounds like you did everything to remind the teacher to pass out the letters.

This educator obviously has lots of learning to do themselves. Only control what you can, they are making their issues yours, and looking to make you look bad so they look better. No worries in the end just giggle you are smarter. One thing I'm confused about, what level of school are we speaking about where this teacher only sees this class once a week? Or is that just a lie. I would have such a letter posted to the district website and distributed by home room teachers only. Let those in administration deal with this they get paid the big bucks for a reason.

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.
This educator obviously has lots of learning to do themselves. Only control what you can, they are making their issues yours, and looking to make you look bad so they look better. No worries in the end just giggle you are smarter. One thing I'm confused about, what level of school are we speaking about where this teacher only sees this class once a week? Or is that just a lie. I would have such a letter posted to the district website and distributed by home room teachers only. Let those in administration deal with this they get paid the big bucks for a reason.

Middle School. Lying obviously because when I handed her the papers, she had the class during the time. So I'm not sure what prompted her not to hand out the papers like I kindly asked her to, but she didn't.

Obviously it's not my fault or issue, so i'm not going to worry about it anymore. What's done is done.

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

i wouldn't sweat it. Everyone else got their papers out on the date you sent them for distribution. You can't help how disorganized other people are.

+ Add a Comment