Suprise...

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School.

I do like "black gospel" music.

While I was filling out paper work for medication for Little Darling she hears my music playing in the back ground. She turns to me with a surprised look and says, "You listen to black gospel music?!"

Some days it's hard not to just to LOL. I do love my Little Darlings. :D

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

I do love the little *gasp* I get when they spot my Harry Potter poster above my desk. :)

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

Mine go crazy when they notice my Pokemon dolls, my Pop dolls, my manga, and basically anime, and K-pop music blasting from my computer. "OMG, MS. AMETHYA YOU LOVE HARRY POTTER?!" or "Ms. Amethya, who's your favorite pokemon?" or "YOU LOVE BTS!?" or my favorite "YOU LOVE YURI ON ICE!?"

Mine go crazy when they notice my Pokemon dolls, my Pop dolls, my manga, and basically anime, and K-pop music blasting from my computer. "OMG, MS. AMETHYA YOU LOVE HARRY POTTER?!" or "Ms. Amethya, who's your favorite pokemon?" or "YOU LOVE BTS!?" or my favorite "YOU LOVE YURI ON ICE!?"

Want a Pokémon joke? Why can you never play hide n seek with Pokémon ? Because they always Pikachu

OK, gonna use that one tomorrow... If I can still remember the punch line :)

I have Pops on my shelves and the kids love them! I did a Pokemon "You don't want to catch them all, so wash your hands" bulletin board and the kids went nuts over it! I had to raffle off the construction paper pokemon that I had made for it!

Specializes in ED, School Nurse.

I have Star Wars Legos, a magnet spinny ball thing and one of those flip water/sand art things on my desk. I also have a blue print of the Millenium Falcon on my wall. All of these things have sparked some pretty cool conversations with students (which is part of why I have them, the other part of why is I think they are cool.)

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

My vocabulary is peppered with YA lit: "Have fun storming the castle." "Mischief managed." "May the odds be ever in your favor." "The Force is strong in you, padowan learner..."

When the kid gets it I am super geeky happy!

Specializes in School health, pediatrics.

Nearly every cool think I have had on my desk walked away....So no more trinkets (except my pet rock, no one wants it I guess). I do have a lil Bub calendar, which some kids like. I also wear my college lanyard, so that starts a few conversations. I want to put up a couple posters, but they are about health topics.

I do play a pandora station that is mostly instrumental covers of popular music (think Lindsay Sterling, Three Cellos). Sometimes when the recognize a song I'll get some conversation. I want to switch to Disney music, but these kids are too grown up to seem interested.

Specializes in CPN.
I want to switch to Disney music, but these kids are too grown up to seem interested.

What age do you have? I'm with 6th-8th graders and have been pleasantly surprised by how many kids have "dug" Moana when I was blasting it in the clinic. They may not admit to it around their peers, but have no problems agreeing with me that it's awesome.

That, or they look at me like I'm a crazy, lame white girl.

Specializes in School health, pediatrics.

I have 6-8th. Maybe I will try, I could use a little more brightness this time of year.

I've been playing Hamilton on repeat for weeks now. I was surprised how many of my K-5 kiddos recognized it!

+ Add a Comment