Wayne State University PNP program?

Students NP Students

Published

Does anybody know how long it takes to hear back from Wayne State University? I found out the other day I have an interview for the University of Michigan. Seems like it's taking forever to hear back...

Hiddenoutlier

11 Posts

Hi there,

I have also applied to WSU for their peds program. I was told that once all your files are in and your application is complete, it takes about two weeks. However, I read an old thread where it seemed to take more like 2 months.

Have you heard back

NurseRN2014

3 Posts

I submitted my application on the deadline day for FNP program. I was invited for an interview on February 23, 2018. To my surprise, I was sent an acceptance letter 3 days after the interview and will begin the program this Fall. I wish you good luck . I have heard their response time varies, so hang in there.

Hiddenoutlier

11 Posts

Hi thanks for responding, and congrats !!

Sorry, what do you mean by applied on the deadline day, I had thought that the deadline for Fall was in June, or am I confused?

Also, how was the interview ? If you don't mind sharing.

Was the interview held on the campus or were you offered phone/video interview? I ask primarily because I'm actually a a Canadian applicant so I am wondering if they offer that choice for long distance applicants.

Thank you!!!

Hi! I applied to the PNP program, about 6 weeks after I got an invitation for a phone interview. I interview next week, so I will keep you updated!! I know they offer distance learning!

I believe the DNP-FNP is on a different deadline. PNP application deadline is July 1st for Fall 2018!

I submitted my application on the deadline day for FNP program. I was invited for an interview on February 23, 2018. To my surprise, I was sent an acceptance letter 3 days after the interview and will begin the program this Fall. I wish you good luck . I have heard their response time varies, so hang in there.

Congrats!!!

Hiddenoutlier

11 Posts

Okay, that makes more sense now, thanks for clarification! Did you apply to the acute or primary stream of the program ?

Good luck next week!!!

I am going for primary care concentration, you?

Hiddenoutlier

11 Posts

The acute care stream. Do you know anyone in the program? And if they have enjoyed their experience?

I know some graduates of the NNP program ( I work in a NICU) and then some PNP- PC graduates! They all have loved it! It is a well known program in Michigan! Some of the best NPs I know, have graduated from there! I assuming you would have to get a Michigan RN license though. Do you have that?

Hiddenoutlier

11 Posts

That is really great to hear, hard to connect with anyone, being from Ontario, to get an idea of the environment of the program.

And yes, once accepted, I have until the end of first year to have get a MI licence, I believe it is called LARA where I will apply for it online.

I have been told it will be easier for me, as I wrote the NCLEX when Canada switched over, so I hope it doesn't take very long.

Thanks again for the insight, I hope your interview goes great, sending you positive vibes!!

Yep, LARA is where you will apply! Let me know when you hear back from Wayne!

Thank you :)

+ Add a Comment