Is it possible to finish prerequiste in 2 years ?

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

I want to finish my pre requisite in 2 years ,is it possible if I take 3 classes a semester ?. Have any of you finished your pre requisite in 2 years ?.

Generally, people can get their AA's in two years, which is 60 credit hours, so you can get quite a few classes done in 2 years. If you'd be able to by taking 3 classes a semester entirely depends on what classes you still need. Are you currently enrolled in a college? If so, meet with an academic adviser and make a plan with him or her.

I did, but that required four classes a semester. It really depends on what the program requirements are.

Generally, people can get their AA's in two years, which is 60 credit hours, so you can get quite a few classes done in 2 years. If you'd be able to by taking 3 classes a semester entirely depends on what classes you still need. Are you currently enrolled in a college? If so, meet with an academic adviser and make a plan with him or her.

I'm not currently enrolled but I have to repeat one that I took last year because I got a bad grade .

I'm not currently enrolled but I have to repeat one that I took last year because I got a bad grade .

Then maybe look at the websites of the colleges you plan to apply to get for nursing. There should be some type of academic catalog that will tell you the requirements for the college based upon the degree you would be going for. You can then go through to figure out what courses you've already taken and what ones you need.

That will give you a good idea of what the plan will be until you can get enrolled in whatever college you are planning to attend for the prereqs and see an adviser.

I did, but that required four classes a semester. It really depends on what the program requirements are.

I forgot to list them

from what my advisor said plus nursing student packet :

The list

general class (can be another science class , an art class or another math it's my pick )

math 136

math 137

math172

Eng101

Eng102

introductory to Psychology111

Psychology 201

Psychology204

Human Growth & Development

Introductory Sociology

General Chemistry

Information systems and Computers

General Biology

I'm a new student I started last year in the Fall and only took one class , but I plan to take more in the Fall .

Then maybe look at the websites of the colleges you plan to apply to get for nursing. There should be some type of academic catalog that will tell you the requirements for the college based upon the degree you would be going for. You can then go through to figure out what courses you've already taken and what ones you need.

That will give you a good idea of what the plan will be until you can get enrolled in whatever college you are planning to attend for the prereqs and see an adviser.

I already picked a college and talked to my advisor.

Ah. Well, then that's 14 classes. So doing at most 3 classes a semester, it'd take 5 semester to do them then. As long as you do summer classes, then you can do those 14 classes in 2 years.

Ah. Well, then that's 14 classes. So doing at most 3 classes a semester, it'd take 5 semester to do them then. As long as you do summer classes, then you can do those 14 classes in 2 years.

My advisor said that I can't use my financial Aid for the summer , so I'm wondering if just taking one class for the summer will help .

In college, I took 22-25 units a semester. The key is being a student was my only responsibility. No kids, no house to maintain, no job, avialable food. And I had minimal need to sleep. Sure you could complete your prereqs in two years, or even 12 months. The challenge is, what else do you have going on in your life?

In college, I took 22-25 units a semester. The key is being a student was my only responsibility. No kids, no house to maintain, no job, avialable food. And I had minimal need to sleep. Sure you could complete your prereqs in two years, or even 12 months. The challenge is, what else do you have going on in your life?

I'm in the same situation no kids, I don't like my sleep

I finished my pre-reqs for nursing in 2 years but it included 4 classes per semester and two classes over one summer semester.

+ Add a Comment