Who is your boss?

Specialties School

Published

You are reading page 3 of Who is your boss?

ABRN2012

135 Posts

It is me and another nurse to cover 8 campuses. We report to the asst. superintendent but we have to tell him the nursing laws and ect. Now the principles would love to be over me but they know they are not. With that being said the last nurse that was here was strategically moved to another school due to some issues with staff and principle. But if I am sick or need to call in, I would have to notify two people at the district office, 3 principles, 3 secretaries, and 5 teachers that would give my meds, and a diabetics mother so she could come give insulin. So yeah I never take off and you see who all I would have to report too. haha

ABRN2012

135 Posts

It is me and another nurse to cover 8 campuses. We report to the asst. superintendent but we have to tell him the nursing laws and ect. Now the principles would love to be over me but they know they are not. With that being said the last nurse that was here was strategically moved to another school due to some issues with staff and principle. But if I am sick or need to call in, I would have to notify two people at the district office, 3 principles, 3 secretaries, and 5 teachers that would give my meds, and a diabetics mother so she could come give insulin. So yeah I never take off and you see who all I would have to report too. haha

aprilmoss

266 Posts

Specializes in School Nurse.

Personnel wise I report to a distict nurse. However, I'm also subservient to the principal as it's his building. Fortunately, the latter doesn't try to interfere in health care issues.

kidzcare

3,393 Posts

My district is pretty large (18,000 kids in 23 schools) and the nursing department is way better organized than the last (smaller) district I worked in.

We have a director of health services and one department chair. Together they do the hiring and placement.

Then we have 7 certified school nurses who are supervisors to between 2 and 5 building nurses. Each school has a building nurse and we have 2 internal floats and 1 classroom nurse (at an ISP program).

The certified nurses do the reviews for the building nurses and the director and dept chair do the reviews on the certified nurses.

+ Add a Comment