Nursing and theater

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Hello,

I am looking for advice. I am going to be a pre-nursing student next year and I am planning on minoring in theater. I have a passion for both of these fields and I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for how to juggle both? My plan is to get my minor in Theater the two years before I begin actual nursing school, then take 2 years off from theater to finish my BSN and then work 3 days a week and do acting/auditions the days I am not nursing. I honestly think that it is possible to do both, as I've done research about people that have been very successful in both fields such as Bonnie Hunt. I guess I'm just looking for advice if anyone has been in a similar situation or if you know of advice to juggle both/words of encouragement/how realistic is this? Thank you for your input :)

My first bachelor's degree was in performing arts, I loved the experience and don't regret it or consider my time wasted. I became a stay at home mom and then decided to do prerequisites and apply to my Alma mater's BSN program as a postbac student.

Explore your passion now if you're young and don't have a family to feed. I look back at my music major days fondly and I use my music skills everyday.

+ Add a Comment