Columbus State University FNP Fall 2018

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

Just testing the waters to see who else applied for CSU's FNP program for Fall 2018. I applied here and to ODU in Virginia. I am located in North Carolina. I intend to start in the Summer, as they offer Fall students early entry to start classes in the Summer.

At least they take care of your clinicals

That's the main reason I chose Feorgetown. It's the only place I've applied and may be foolish for not applying elsewhere.

To RN0508

Ugh...I am in the same situation. You are not alone. My PCP was going to sign the form then her hospital stopped her. There was disagreement between the hosp. and school, the contract fell through...now I need to look for someone for Fall semester. Where do I start...have you find your yet? By the way, are you full time or part? I started Spring 2018 partime.

I actually found 5 willing to precept me after I had to withdraw, how ironic is that?! I have had a life changing event and my education is on hold at the moment. I can only hope the person who gets my seat is as honored as I was to attend CSU. I had a great response emailing and sending my resume directly to providers. I found that going thru office managers/secretaries did not work well for me. I went directly to the provider and spoke with them and then thru the office manager to set up clinical rotations. I hope that helps you. I would also fax my resume/cover letter directly to the office attention to the provider.

I meant Georgetown í ½í¸©

Thank you for sharing and sorry to hear about the setback. How far along were you? I would like to hear from current students or those finished with the program what they thought about it. Basically if they feel prepared to enter the field. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Thank you! I have been on vacation but will take a look. :)

Is the CSU FNP FB page still a thing??? I am taking Pharm this summer and the professor is essentially non-communicative!! Curious if anyone has taken Pharm 6128 and if they have any tips!

Those looking for clinicals locations - I've found military clinics (like on base, even for civilians) and VA to be supportive...just food for thought

How do we check the application status? I already applied for Spring 2019 and I'm wondering if my application has been reviewed.

Specializes in ER.

My references tried to email their evals and CSU never got them :( Anyone else have this problem?

Specializes in ER LTC MED SURG CLINICS UROLOGY.

I started CSU's FNP program like in January 2017. So I am more than halfway done. I'll graduate this spring. The cost is dirt cheap (18000) for the full program. The content is great. Informative books, readings, and assignments. The clinical rotations are awesome. I am just so thankful that I was accepted. My last two semesters are coming up and I am just so ready to be done! Good luck everyone! Ask me any questions you may have about CSU.

Hi, my name is Deborah Dean,

I was accepted for the FNP program (part-time) for Fall 2018. Aside from the books that were listed for the classes do any of you have the syllabus for Scientific underpinnings or the Pharmacology class? I wanted to get an idea of the workload. Also, appreciate any ideas on where to go for clinical hours? I live in South Fla.

Thanks,

Deborah Dean

Do they use same instructors to teach each class. Or are they always different? I will be in the PT program for Aug 2018. Would you happen to have any of the Syllabus for Pharmocolgy or scientific underpinnings? Also, do these classes require alot of papers or exams, or both? I would love to hear from you. My email is [email protected] or you can text me at 561-939-9379

Greatly appreciated.

Deb Dean

+ Add a Comment