Columbus State University FNP Fall 2018

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

Specializes in Varied.

Just testing the waters to see who else applied for CSU's FNP program for Fall 2018. I applied here and to ODU in Virginia. I am located in North Carolina. I intend to start in the Summer, as they offer Fall students early entry to start classes in the Summer.

I applied but not super confident about my situation since I've been staying home the past 4 years. I received my BSN in ‘10, 3.77 nursing gpa (it was my 2nd degree), 6 months LTAC, 1.5 years ICU, 1 yr critical care float pool including recovery/PACU. I'm also in NC :) I looked at ODU but was told they didn't have a part-time option.

Specializes in Varied.
I applied but not super confident about my situation since I've been staying home the past 4 years. I received my BSN in ‘10, 3.77 nursing gpa (it was my 2nd degree), 6 months LTAC, 1.5 years ICU, 1 yr critical care float pool including recovery/PACU. I'm also in NC :) I looked at ODU but was told they didn't have a part-time option.

I intend to go full-time to either program. Your GPA and experience sound great!

My BSN GPA is 4.0 (3.7 overall GPA for all courses taken). I have 2 years oncology/hospice experience at the present time.

Interesting! What do you think about palliative care for an NP specialty? I'm leaning in that direction.

I'm sure you'll get in! Thanks for starting the thread :)

Specializes in Varied.
Interesting! What do you think about palliative care for an NP specialty? I'm leaning in that direction.

I'm sure you'll get in! Thanks for starting the thread :)

I would consider it, but death and dying gets old, quickly. Oncology and Hospice have been the two specialties that I truly love. I will likely continue them in some capacity.

I am more interested in Minute Clinic/Urgent Care type jobs when I graduate, but that may change in the two years I have ahead of me.

I hope so! I hope you do as well!

Thanks for your input!

Check your inbox :D

Hi, I got an email stating that I was accepted into the Fall 2018 FNP full time program at Columbus State University. Check your Columbus State email!

Me too! But did you apply anywhere else? It's the least expensive program but I'd love some reviews on the quality. And I know I won't hear from anywhere else before the 15th of March...I've applied to UAB and USA and was considering Mizzou DNP but an MSN seems more attractive right now. Has anyone found reviews on CSU or know FNPs that have graduated from there? What do they have to say?

I did not apply anywhere else. I have a coworker that is currently in the part time FNP program at CSU that started in spring 2017. She likes the program and feels the quality of the program is great.

Congrats!

How do you access the colombus state email???

+ Add a Comment