Collin College ADN Summer 2019!

Students School Programs

Published

Hey Everyone!

This thread for potential 2019 applicants to voice concerns, bounce off ideas and basically share in the anxiety we all have.

I am new to science and nursing. This term I am taking Biol 1406 and English. Next term I intend to take Bio 2401 and Psych 2301 and the fall term will be Biol 2402 and Biol 2420.

I am supposed to take the PSB test soon after and then apply by end of January to start Summer of 2019.

A little bit about me: I am 38 years old, an ex-insurance agent, married and have a 3 year old toddler as well. We moved to Texas 2.5 yrs ago from Chicago (miss it) and this is home now. I literally woke up one day and knew nursing was it...I want this so badly. Being back in school after so long is kicking my ass man but I am secretly enjoying it too. Lots of people think I am nuts for being in college at the ripe old age of 38 but :whistling: whateverrrrr.

sandigg5

3 Posts

hi im applying to spring but took my psb today and my scores are not good. I might have to apply to summer if i get a rejection letter.

Well lets see i am 28 and decided to go back to school for RN. I have no kids yet, been living in Texas all my life. And no your not nuts for going back to college and 38 is not old.

NIWA

2 Posts

Hello.

I'm planning to apply for summer 2019 as well. I'm 24 years and expecting a baby in Dec 2018. My concern is the PSB test. Does anyone has an idea about the time limit for each section and the number of questions in each?

Thank you

NIWA

2 Posts

Hello,

First of all, you doing great by deciding to have a set career. Don't listen to what others say, you do your best and everything will be fine.

Hi everyone,

I am also applying for the Summer 2019 cycle. I applied for the first time in August for the Spring 2019 cycle and was wait listed, so I really hope I will make it into the summer cycle. I plan to retake my PSB in hopes to improve my score on the AA portion. I wasn't prepared for that section as well as the others and I feel I can prepare better since I know what to expect now. Have y'all completed your titers already?

Hello,

I have the Mometrix PSB RN Study Guide and PSB RN Flashcards. I would like to give them away to the prospect nursing students at Collin College. Let me know if you want them. Thank you.

Hello,

I have the Mometrix PSB RN Study Guide and PSB RN Flashcards. I would like to give them away to the prospect nursing students at Collin College. Let me know if you want them. Thank you.

Hi,

I would love the flashcards! I already have the Study Guide book, but would really love the flashcards as I plan on taking the PSB again for the summer application cycle.

I tried to PM you back regarding the flashcards, but the allnurses website wouldn't allow me to as I don't have enough posts yet. Will you please text me at 214 - 577 - 4451 so that I can arrange to meet up with you. I really appreciate your offer! Just let me know what times/days you're available. Thank you!

I'm originally from Chicago as well lol I moved here 2 years ago. Needed a change in my environment and better career so Texas was it for me, I love it here!! I'm hitting 36 next month so we have some things in common :-) One thing for sure, it's never to late to go into nursing or school-- I already have A&P 1/2 complete from a previous school, I now just need to complete Microbiology and take the PSB exam. Shooting for Summer 2019 but Fall is fine as well, because I can use that time to knock out some more pre reqs.

The letters went out. Got mine today

KayB77

8 Posts

Just got a summer 2019 acceptance letter- Mandatory orientation on the 15th so make sure to check your mail. Good luck every one!

TXjordan

2 Posts

I got my acceptance letter today! I'm very excited! See everyone next Friday.

+ Add a Comment