Nursing craziness

Nursing Students General Students

Published

I've uploaded a picture I saw on a facebook website.

Hopefully, it loads. Also, how do you attach a picture to a personal message? I guess it's only by weblink? There's no paper-clip thing.

Is this REALLY what nursing is like?

This looks like a big middle finger to my face.

Also, I've FINALLY completed all my pre-reqs and I take my HESI A2 on Feb. 6th at noon. So.FREAKING.NERVOUS. I hope i pass with flying colors. Like 94 or higher overall. I have all A's in my pre-reqs, just hope i can manage the HESI.

Yeah, that looks familiar.

It's not as bad as you think. Here's a hint: if it's in bold print, italics, in a box, or says NCLEX hint...it's probably on the test.

My theory for my RN was online. I just read the book and discussion questions. I did fine.

My LPN I listened to the lecture in class. If the teacher said it twice or spent time explaining it, find that section to read in the book.

If the teacher allows record lectures and use them to study. Generally if it's covered in lecture, especially if it is stated more than once (as the above poster pointed out), it's on the test.

I only had one teacher that didn't work with. I think she was a demon in disguise.

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

Moved to General Nursing student forum

I don't get it. In my school those are three separate classes. And each test covers 4-5 chapters, plus some ATI stuff.

Besides, using chapters as a unit of measurement is painfully inaccurate. There's no telling how long a chapter is - how much of it is made up of boxes or diagrams.

I'm in the third week of my program now and the only challenge I'm facing is organization. Making sure I know what to do and when. The content itself (so far) is very basic. I know this will get more difficult as I progress through the program, but it's doable for now. We did medication administration today and start clinicals tomorrow.

If you think this stuff is going to be really hard, it will be. Stop trying to psych yourself out, dude.

Specializes in Critical Care, Trauma.
I don't get it. In my school those are three separate classes. And each test covers 4-5 chapters, plus some ATI stuff.

Same here, Jen. The exception being that health assessments are included in nursing fundamentals. It's not as scary as it looks. Each we'll cover 3-4 chapters a week for each class and have an exam every other week. The chapters themselves may have a lot of information, but our instructors have been giving us points that they want us to specifically study in each chapter.

:eek:
+ Add a Comment