LBCC Fall 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hello!

I am applying for LBCC ADN program for the first time and would like to connect with others

I applied to LAHC also :) I didnt want to do lottery systems because of the disappointment but the program is so great. Let's cross our fingers

I hope we both make it in. Have you taken the TEAS?

I hope we both make it in. Have you taken the TEAS?

I have, I got 88% how about you?

I have, I got 88% how about you?

You did well! I think I got a 79%

According to info given to me by someone who knows, LBCC takes into account multiple criteria in addition to overall GPA such as whether a candidate did all their classes needed to graduate, and whether they went to LBCC. They always give those with a fully completed app priority over those that still need to one or more of the classes which are not required but recommended. They also take into account how many times you've applied, but it isn't a rule that you will automatically get picked by the 2nd or 3rd time, I think you just move up the pecking order a little bit. Also, I think that out of the students vying for one of the 20 spots in the 2.5-3.5 GPA category, the ones that get selected are students reapplying, whereas students in the 3.5-4.0 category have a higher likelihood of getting accepted somewhere else, so they would be less likely to reapply if they didn't get accepted the first time.

According to info given to me by someone who knows, LBCC takes into account multiple criteria in addition to overall GPA such as whether a candidate did all their classes needed to graduate, and whether they went to LBCC. They always give those with a fully completed app priority over those that still need to one or more of the classes which are not required but recommended. They also take into account how many times you've applied, but it isn't a rule that you will automatically get picked by the 2nd or 3rd time, I think you just move up the pecking order a little bit. Also, I think that out of the students vying for one of the 20 spots in the 2.5-3.5 GPA category, the ones that get selected are students reapplying, whereas students in the 3.5-4.0 category have a higher likelihood of getting accepted somewhere else, so they would be less likely to reapply if they didn't get accepted the first time.

I think I'm just unlucky lol. I applied 3 times, have taken all my classes at LBCC, and have taken every class towards graduation plus all requisites to transfer.

If your GPA is below 3.5 overall, there is just so much more competition for those seats. If you're hell bent on going to LBCC and you're close to a 3.5 I'd look into taking some easy classes to boost my GPA which would put you into the next category.

If your GPA is below 3.5 overall, there is just so much more competition for those seats. If you're hell bent on going to LBCC and you're close to a 3.5 I'd look into taking some easy classes to boost my GPA which would put you into the next category.

This time I didn't apply to a lot of schools but next semester I will apply to more. LBCC is a good school for the nursing program but impacted. Supposedly they take your science gpa into consideration more than the overall, there is nothing I can change about that one anymore.

This is my second time applying... I have overall 3.2 GPA I have an A B B in my sciences bt had to repeat one and got a w in another science.. I am very discouraged each time I have been denied.. I haven't applied to any other places because of how my grades are..,

What was your gpa? :) if you dont mind me asking, did you get in?

Where did you take your pre reqs?

Those who were selected just took the teas a couple of days ago. Many of them failed, so the nursing department should be contacting quite a few of the alternates to give them an opportunity to take those spots, if they haven't already. These new selections would then have to pass the teas as well, so its not a guarantee, even though only a 62% is required. I was lucky to get a spot and passed the teas.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and passed the TEAS, and better luck to those who didn't on their next chance in getting into another program. If you got waited listed their is a very good chance you will be contacted soon as kraken stated the high fail rate on the Teas has opened up a lot of seats. Best of luck for those who get a chance.

+ Add a Comment