question regarding applying to Frontier

Specialties CNM

Published

• by biggolp
    Specializes in Certified Nurse Midwife.

I an entering the final semester of my BSN and wanted to apply to Frontier for midwifery.

I was wondering if it was possible to apply before graduating or I need to wait until after taking my NCLEX.

I have lots of other birth related experience and I understand that if I were to get accepted it would be conditional to passing my NCLEX.

I searched Frontier's website and contacted admissions but have still not gotten an answer to this question.

If anyone knows for sure one way or the other, please let me know.

Thank you!

est2004frame

2 Posts

Hi! Have you read their admission requirements? You must have one year RN experience. Good luck!

Frontier Nursing University | Admissions Criteria: Master of Science in Nursing

biggolp

66 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

I have read their admission criteria. Other birth related experience can be counted instead.

I have been a birth doula and assistant midwife for some years now.

I would use that experience in lieu of nursing experience.

Specializes in L&D, Trauma, Ortho, Med/Surg.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I did talk to Georgetown today and they accept students straight from their BSN programs. Pricetag for that one is a little in the way for me....

seraphimid

80 Posts

Hi

did you ever receive an answer for this? I am in a similar situation

biggolp

66 Posts

Yes. I got an answer from Admissions at FNU that they require transcripts from nursing school in their application process so there's a minimum wait of a few weeks after completing the BSN required in order to apply

+ Add a Comment