NCLEX and SATA questions

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Ok, so I have a serious question. Don't laugh at me guys, but on the NCLEX if you have a SATA question, does it count as a completely wrong answer if you still put some of the correct options??

For instance, the answer is A,C,E but you put A,C would you at least get partial credit, or no?

Obviously in school, we did not get ANY credit at all unless you got all of the options correct and you could not add or eliminate any of them. It was all or nothing.

So, I am just curious if any of you guys know whether the NCLEX is the same.

Thanks in advance.

Even if you miss one, it is considered wrong.

Specializes in Emergency Department.

For the NCLEX, it's all or nothing. That being said, in theory, the "wrong" answer could provide a clue as to your knowledge level and probably more so than an entirely "correct" SATA answer. What I don't know is if the NCLEX is sophisticated enough to look that deeply into your answers beyond correct/incorrect for a given question and the "level" of said question.

Hey Alexx,

Like the others said above, as you begin the NCLEX exam it tells you that all questions are graded on an all or nothing basis. Unfortunately!

+Not to freak you out, I just want you to be prepared.. I have 45 SATA questions on my 75 question exam. But, I PASSED.

You'll do great!

Thank you so much everyone!! Of course I was hoping for at least partial!! LOL!! Obviously I was dreaming haha.

Hey Alexx,

Like the others said above, as you begin the NCLEX exam it tells you that all questions are graded on an all or nothing basis. Unfortunately!

+Not to freak you out, I just want you to be prepared.. I have 45 SATA questions on my 75 question exam. But, I PASSED.

You'll do great!

What did you use for resources while studying? I'm using strictly Kaplan and I get MAYBE 10% of the SATA questions correct. Did you think the NCLEX SATA were easier than your resources for studying? I'm taking the NCLEX February 2nd and, needless to say, SATA is my weakness at this point.

So, this is hard for me to answer because Kaplan was provide to us through our nursing school. However, I found Kaplan to be totally defeating for me. I never had scores above 68% and to me that was such a mind game. So I tried UWorld and absolutely fell in love. However, if Kaplan works for you, keep doing it! I know they say in the 50% range or above is a great score! Either way, I definitely recommend practicing SATA if they are your weakness at this point. Several of my SATA questions were related to discharge teaching and I found them to be very similar to UWorld.

What did you use for resources while studying? I'm using strictly Kaplan and I get MAYBE 10% of the SATA questions correct. Did you think the NCLEX SATA were easier than your resources for studying? I'm taking the NCLEX February 2nd and, needless to say, SATA is my weakness at this point.

I have not used Kaplan, nor have I taken the NCLEX yet so I can't really help you with that. Im so sorry, I do really love uworld! You still have enough time to purchase it!

So, this is hard for me to answer because Kaplan was provide to us through our nursing school. However, I found Kaplan to be totally defeating for me. I never had scores above 68% and to me that was such a mind game. So I tried UWorld and absolutely fell in love. However, if Kaplan works for you, keep doing it! I know they say in the 50% range or above is a great score! Either way, I definitely recommend practicing SATA if they are your weakness at this point. Several of my SATA questions were related to discharge teaching and I found them to be very similar to UWorld.

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

The key thing to remember about SATA questions is to think of them as being four separate and distinct true/ false questions.

The key thing to remember about SATA questions is to think of them as being four separate and distinct true/ false questions.

thats typically what I do! but sometimes I feel like there is always ONE that could be on the fence.

Hello guys!! anyone recently went to mark klimek review? i wonder if anyone has his audio recorded and could share with me. I am planning to take nuclei in the middle of feb and i heard so many good things about mark review. please share the love:) good luck to everyone taking the boards this year and congratulation to YOU that already passed!!!!

+ Add a Comment