EKG workbook

Specialties Cardiac

Published

I'm a new grad I'll be working on a cardiac telemetry floor. I want to brush up on my rhythm strips. Are there any particular EKG workbooks that you guys have found helpful? Should I just review my med surge books? Any advice would be appreciated :) Thanks!

Thanks!

Specializes in Emergency, Disaster Medicine, Search and Rescue.

"Flip and See ECG" by Elizabeth Cohn

Specializes in ICU, CVICU, E.R..

YOUTUBE has fascinating videos complete with explanation and high quality animations that made me understand concepts and so far it has stuck to me better than merely reading books. Book are a great source but understanding EKG mechanics for me was better explained through Youtube.

Thanks I am more of a kinesthetic learner so workbooks are my friend.

Thanks I am more of a kinesthetic learner so workbooks are my friend.

If you're still looking for this stuff I would recommend 2 books for you, a workbook with practice strips and an instructional book:

I found a copy of this first books last edition for only $6! Ill post a link, along with a link to the newer edition!

For an instructional book on EKG interpretation, I have a great selection! This book is definately NOT your run of the mill 'Dubins'. It is designed for Cardiologists, Cardiac Nurses and Electrophysiology techs. It makes the assumption that you can already pick up a simple 12 lead EKG and interpret the Rhythm. It's this designed to introduce you to more advanced and intricate concepts that will aid in interpretation of real life EKG's at the level expected of a professional in the field of Cardiology. Sorry this is so long winded, I just wanted to stress the point a bit so it's not cast aside as "just another ECG guidebook". It can be found here:

Cardiac Arrhythmias: Practical Notes on Interpretation and Treatment: David Bennett: 9783487316: Amazon.com: Books

Or here:

Bennett's Cardiac Arrhythmias: Practical Notes on Interpretation and Treatment: David H. Bennett: 97847674932: Amazon.com: Books

For a workbook this is the best one! It has like.. 100 strips, each case being extremely complicated and reauiring as many as 15 answers.. Basicalky each EKG interpretation is a patient note. It comes with answers and explanations, usually 2 or 3 pages per ekg. It will keep you busy:

The Complete Guide to ECGs: James H. O'Keefe Jr., Stephen C. Hammill, Mark S. Freed: 97812846634: Amazon.com: Books

Thanks I'll look into these! Appreciate it much!

+ Add a Comment