Filipino nurse: Germany or US

World International

Published

I want to know the pros and cons of each of the mentioned countries in terms of their work environment, salary and cost of living.

You're casting a very wide net here. I can't speak for Germany, but the United States is such a large country. The job market is tougher in New York City than it is in certain areas of Texas. In NYC, I'm sure the nurses are paid nicely, but the cost of living there is so high that it kind of balances out.

Hopefully you see my point. If you're interested in a particular area of the US, then post in the forum for that state. That way you'll truly get quality information.

Best of luck to you!

Germany as like any other European countries are good places for RN but in Germany you have to learn and master their language (i find it difficult) specially for medical terminologies. Not all Germans speak English even conversational English. Cost of living is also high and salary just enough which is comparable with UK. For US, RNs are compensated accordingly -cost of living and experience. As an RN in Texas, transition was not that difficult and sky is the limit for your salary.

Specializes in Medical-Surgical Nursing.

I don't know about Germany, but USA is really good in terms of pursuing a nursing career. Nursing here has a lot of areas to pursue. You can even advance your ADN or BSN to so much more. Promise! USA is so big to ask if it offers good quality of nursing career in terms of cost of living, lifestyle, raising a family and weather conditions. I live in California, and so far according to Statistics every year, California is the number one State that pays nurses well. Who said that? Our travel nurses who usually come from the Midwest or Southern States.

+ Add a Comment