GS nurse pay scale

Specialties Government

Published

I have recently been hired as an RN at a military hospital. I am in the GS service and am a GS 0610-11. I am looking for the locality pay scale for nurses. The salary I was offered doesn't line up with the normal GS table and I couldn't find a special pay rate table specific to nurses. Anyone able to help?

Specializes in Adult Critical Care.

the opm.gov website should be able to help you

Editorial Team / Moderator

Lunah, MSN, RN

14 Articles; 13,766 Posts

Specializes in EMS, ED, Trauma, CEN, CPEN, TCRN.

This site includes locality pay for 2018: General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator

tippeny

114 Posts

Thanks! I haven't seen that pay calculator before. It is quoting me the same as the OPM website- which doesn't match what I was offered. Hmmm. I'll have to find time to go to the HR department and ask there.

jeckrn, BSN, RN

1,868 Posts

Specializes in EMT, ER, Homehealth, OR.

Title 38 Special Salary Rate Schedules

This website should help

Bowtiegirl

5 Posts

I start my first nursing job ever next Monday at the local VA hospital. I've been in orientation for 3 weeks and now I'm worried I won't get my first paycheck next Friday because of the government shutdown. Any one have any insight to how a government shutdown affects nurses?

nurse2033, MSN, RN

3 Articles; 2,133 Posts

Specializes in ER, ICU.

In the past, critical functions have been exempted, including nursing.

tippeny

114 Posts

I just started 2 weeks ago at my clinic and the nurses there said that in 2013 about half of the staff was furloughed when they came to work. They did receive back pay for the time they were furloughed. Ours is not a critical unit and our job description states non-essential. HTH

+ Add a Comment