Who to call?

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Hey,

I'm a nursing student starting my fourth semester of school. I've only got a year left so I've been doing so job searching around my area. Of course I have questions, but I don't know who to call. I'm not really sure what kind of questions are appropriate. I'd like to know what nurses start of at. One hospital in particular has a nursing residency you do for one year if you want to work there. It doesn't give a whole lot of information about it though. There's also an opening that just says nursing student, but again doesn't go into detail on what you would be doing.

Do you call HR for these kinds of questions? I just don't want to call the wrong people and irritate anyone.

Thanks.

Specializes in Mental Health.

Can you request locations for your clinicals? I requested to get a rotation or two where I want to work after school so that I can make contacts and ask questions like that.

Most larger hospitals have a nurse recruiter, who is part of HR. You can always call their office with general hiring questions. Every hospital handles new grads a little differently, so I'm sure they expect questions. You don't even have to give your name if you're worried about "irritating anyone".

+ Add a Comment