CRNA in Louisville, KY

Specialties CRNA

Published

Hi,

I will be graduating soon from the CRNA school, and I am looking for jobs around Louisville, KY area. I would appreciate the feedback from CRNAs who are working at Norton hospital and the University of Louisville. How is the working environment, CRNA/MD relationship, and the case mix? What is your usual schedule and call schedule?

What hospital would you suggest between the University of Louisville hospital and Norton hospital and why?

Thank you!

NICU Guy, BSN, RN

4,161 Posts

Specializes in NICU.

Not that I am biased (I work for Norton as an RN), but I would look into Norton. They have 5 hospitals in Louisville so there should be plenty of opportunities to work at any of them (except the children's hospital unless you want to specialize).

lane990

6 Posts

So Louisville is an awesome place to work and live! CRNA pay is around $150K-170 for new grads.

UofL has an AMAZING team of CRNAs and MDAs. Many of whom were the reason I went to CRNA school to begin with. It is 1:4 ratio and they do have anesthesia MD residents. They have a variety of shifts (8, 10, 12) and there is some call but not a ton because of the residents.

I don’t know anything about Norton except that it is run by Northstar, who I have very little respect for after a ridiculously lowball offer I received for another facility they run down in Tennessee. However, I also know CRNAs who went from UofL to Norton and vice versa so take that for what you will.

What school are you coming from?

+ Add a Comment