Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Summer 2018

Nurses Career Support

Published

Hi everyone! My name is Tori. I created this page for those interested in the summer 2018 nurse residency program at Medical Center in Nashville, TN. We can use this page as a place to share application tips, updates on the status of applications/interviews, tips for the entire application/interview process, etc. And of course, it's great to speak with others going through the same experience!

Has anyone applying for the tennessee license received their ATT yet? And if so when did yall submit your applications?

Was anyone ever hired after being waitlisted?

Was anyone ever hired after being waitlisted?

Yes, I was

Wow!!! First off, CONGRATULATIONS! And secondly, thank you much for replying. I am very grateful and it's gives me hope. I found out today that I have been waitlisted for the Neuro ICU so, I was feeling somewhat defeated as Vanderbilt was my only choice and I was relocating for it to be close to family.

Specializes in Cardiothoracic and Transplant ICU.
I received an offer for the CVICU!

Hey! How do you like the CVICU and ? I just got offered a position in the CVICU for the winter '19 cohort!

Hey everyone! I've really appreciated reading all of your comments from 2018 haha

I am interviewing for the NICU track this week that will begin in February 2020. I'm wondering how much experience in NICU those who got an offer in NICU had prior to applying? And if that has much weigh in on your chances of getting hired? Also, do my situational based answers have to all be about NICU experience to do well interviewing?

Thanks to anyone who may see this and respond!

Graci

On 2/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, Bioboo said:

I just got a call and I didn't get my track choice, which was Trauma, but they did offer me a SICU or MICU interview and I'm going to take the SICU. I doubt they've started notifying people of full out rejections yet until they've scheduled ample interviews for all of their open positions.

Do you know if candidates usually get an offer when put on the waitlist at vanderbilt ?

+ Add a Comment