NP jobs that work 3days

Specialties NP

Published

You are reading page 2 of NP jobs that work 3days

BlondieMSNRN

33 Posts

Many oncology clinics work 10-hr shifts. Several of the NPs where I work will work 3 days/week, but this is typically only after having worked there full-time for at least a year to have ample time to be fully trained.

deza, MSN, NP

85 Posts

Specializes in psych.
Yes, some outpatient psych clinics have four 10 hour shifts. Inpatient psych - I don't know.

Some of the pmhnps where I work do 12s

Lanntis, BSN

103 Posts

Specializes in Psychiatry.

Do tell! Where do you work? What setting and state? :D I'll have to get it on that.

Specializes in Education, Family practice.

I work as an FNP in family practice, and I work three 12-hour shifts.

I was previously working four 10's, but needed a change. I homeschool my kids, so being off more days during the week was important to me. Also, Our patients were complaining about not having late access. Our last appointment of the day was previously at 5:00, which is not convenient for most working patients. I pitched the idea of working 7-7 to my managers, and they liked it. So far, my evening appointments are booked everyday!

I should also add that I am full-time, 1.0 FTE, but my contract provides for 4 hours of admin time per week. So I do not have to have 40 patient contact hours per week. Working the 36 hour schedule fulfills my obligation.

Lanntis, BSN

103 Posts

Specializes in Psychiatry.

Ready2gradMay09, you are living my dream schedule! Do you think having a psych NP on board with that practice would benefit patients in the same way? I plan to create a sinilar environment where people can comfortably come after work, even later. I'd do 9-9, 10,

-10 etc. I know in psych many people enjoy evening sessions even with mostly med management!

AutumnBlaze

19 Posts

There might also be acute care NP roles that work 3 12 hour shifts. In general primary care, with the exception of Urgent Care, most NPs work five 8 hour days, although many practices also have four 10 hour shifts as an option.

I work as an inpatient ACNP and I work 7 12s and one 8 a pay period. We don't get paid 40 hours unless we work 40 hours. I sorta miss those three 12s as a RN, lol

NyghtNP

3 Posts

Contracted for 12 ten hour shifts a month..usually translate to 3 days a week, night shift ER.

Specializes in Med/Surg & Tele.
Keep in mind if you decide to go the FNP route, that pretty much disqualifies you from an inpatient role.

That's not necessarily true. I work in a small hospital in Tidewater area of Virginia and I've seen FNPs work in inpatient. It might not be everywhere, but I've seen it.

guest769224

1,698 Posts

Keep in mind if you decide to go the FNP route, that pretty much disqualifies you from an inpatient role.

I have worked with several FNP's in many hospital inpatient units.

allnurses Guide

ghillbert, MSN, NP

3,796 Posts

Specializes in CTICU.

I work in critical care in large hospital. I work 4 x 10's or 3 x 12's, depending on what I see the need for. No nights, weekends or holidays currently, though commonly it's 24/7 rotations for ICU.

twozer0, NP

1 Article; 293 Posts

Specializes in Urology.

Any NP job could be 3 days a week pending employer needs or how you negotiate your contract.

+ Add a Comment