Boston Medical Center New Grad Critical Care Residency 2017/2018

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Specializes in Corrections, Substance Abuse.

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else has applied to this residency or if anyone has completed the residency. I have seen the other posts about the other new grad programs at BMC, but I didn't know that there was one for critical care. I am going to apply for the residency that starts in Feb. 2018 and I was just curious about how the application process went and how the job experience is.

Thank you!

I applied and I'm still waiting to hear back. I have my associates, but tons of experience so hopefully I get an interview. Good luck and keep me updated!

Specializes in Trauma/SICU; SRNA.

I applied and heard back for a panel interview scheduling today (Dec 28th).

I applied and heard back for a panel interview scheduling today (Dec 28th).

Awesome, good luck ! If you don't mind, do you have your bsn or associates?

Can I ask those of you who have heard when your interviews are scheduled for? I haven't heard anything yet and am wondering if that's means I am out of the running. Congratulations to those of you who heard back.

I have my MSN as an RN with a specialization in care coordination. Thank you! I didn't get much else from the convo besides that they'd let interviewed candidates know after Jan 15 if they have a spot. Also that they're not positive on the start date but early March at the latest.

Can I ask those of you who have heard when your interviews are scheduled for? I haven't heard anything yet and am wondering if that's means I am out of the running. Congratulations to those of you who heard back.

The HR rep told me the interviews would be Jan 8 and Jan 15!

I appreciate that they are accepting applications from students who have their associates degree in nursing. Although, the required education listed never happens in an associates program;

• Completed a Senior Practicum in a critical care setting
  • A critical care rotation in an acute care facility (hospital setting)

We do like one day in the ICU and one day in the emergency room. My program also let us do one day in the cath lab. Hopefully my work experience is sufficient enough (2 years in ICU and 5 years in the emergency room) but since I haven't gotten a call yet, it's doubtful.

Does anyone know how many people they are taking ?? Thank you !

I read on their LinkedIn job posting it starts February 5th, but HR also told me they weren't sure of a start date. So maybe that is from a past program start date?

I have an ABSN

So I'm guessing they contacted everyone they intend to interview last week? Or has anyone heard anything more recently?

I read on their LinkedIn job posting it starts February 5th, but HR also told me they weren't sure of a start date. So maybe that is from a past program start date?

That's what I thought as well! I think she said it was more about them securing the units but she said most likely Feb but possibly early March

+ Add a Comment