Lehman College 2018 Fall Generic BSN/ABSN applicants!

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hello, everyone applying to Lehman's BSN/ABSN programs for Fall 2018!

I am currently working on my application and will very soon take HESI. I know application period does not start until January 1, but I thought I would create a thread so we could get in touch and support each other on the way to (keeping fingers crossed!) being accepted!

Hey! (And to any/everyone else on the thread), I know I saw some discussion on this but I was confused. Do we ask our doctors to fill out the eight page document labeled as "Annual Health Clearance Record?"or do we have them print the records they already have on file? This was unclear to me.

My doctor filled out all the pages that said had to be filled by her and she also printed all documentation of the titres for vaccines.

I did mine already. Please, read each item carefully. The document provides contradicting information about the liability insurance. On the very first page it says only RN-BSN and Master's students need to purchase it, but in the check-off section one of the items deals with the liability insurance with words "RN-BSN and nursing students", so I have no idea if we should or should not buy it. I will be going to the nursing department on Monday to deliver the docs so I will ask again.

Hey. I already handed in all my paperwork. It was checked and was not told to purchase the .

Hey. I already handed in all my paperwork. It was checked and was not told to purchase the liability insurance.

Thank you! I thought I would go in this Monday, but decided to spontaneously fly to Miami for a few days. I felt this is the time. I will be back Tuesday, so I will be going to school on Wednesday.

Thank you! I thought I would go in this Monday, but decided to spontaneously fly to Miami for a few days. I felt this is the time. I will be back Tuesday, so I will be going to school on Wednesday.

Enjoy yourself before school starts! :)

Is the CPR certification needed called BLS Provider? the 4 hour course?

Yes and make sure you find a course on the AHA website. I went to Eastern CPR to do it

Yes and make sure you find a course on the AHA website. I went to Eastern CPR to do it

Ugh, it needs to be BLS? I signed up for AED via AHA which is a 3 hour course. I already paid and am taking it tomorrow so I'd be frustrated if it isn't valid.

EDIT: I just realized the difference and now I feel silly. Hope I can change to a BLS class. One other question. Is anyone else having trouble getting onto CUNYFIRST? Whenever I try to log in, "oracle" tells me there is a problem with the server.

Ugh, it needs to be BLS? I signed up for AED via AHA which is a 3 hour course. I already paid and am taking it tomorrow so I'd be frustrated if it isn't valid.

EDIT: I just realized the difference and now I feel silly. Hope I can change to a BLS class. One other question. Is anyone else having trouble getting onto CUNYFIRST? Whenever I try to log in, "oracle" tells me there is a problem with the server.

As far as the BLS class, try calling the center and ask if you can change to BLS class with extra pay. Now about the CUNYfirst, it has some updates every now and then so it may be it.

YES it has to be BLS for Healthcare Providers!! And I was able to login to cunyfirst just now

Clear your cookies and other site data going back at least a week. This will log you out of everything and be annoying but should solve your CUNYfirst problem. It solved mine when I had the same issue.

I finally got into HIN 269 after calling Lehman to resolve my issue like 100x. Is this course through blackboard??? I don't see any course listings when I log on to blackboard :(

Clear your cookies and other site data going back at least a week. This will log you out of everything and be annoying but should solve your CUNYfirst problem. It solved mine when I had the same issue.

I tried that yesterday and still had an issue. Will try again and will go to the IT center if I can't grt it to work. I am just about done with my forms for the program, but am

Confused on the "4 digit ID number" they ask for on every page of the medical form. Do you guys know what that is? Sorry I feel like I ask so much lol, I'm just paranoid since they're so specific.

I finally got into HIN 269 after calling Lehman to resolve my issue like 100x. Is this course through blackboard??? I don't see any course listings when I log on to blackboard :(

Yes, the course is through Blackboard. For me, the class popped up on Blackboard about a day after I enrolled in it.

+ Add a Comment