Choose Your Favorite TV Nurse

Nurses General Nursing

Published

We all know that the way Nurses on television are portrayed is wildly inaccurate and at times even insulting. With that being said, though, watching those shows can also be a guilty pleasure. Think of your favorite television nurse of all-time and give us a bit of an explanation as to why you chose your favorite, submit it in the comments below and you'll be entered to win a $250 amazon.com gift card!

Winner will be announced May 16, 2017

UPDATE May 19, 2017

The winner of the 2017 National Nurses Week Choose Your Favorite TV Nurse is user JenYRN who selected:

Zoey Barkow from the TV show "Nurse Jackie"

2017 National Nurses Week - 7 Days of Giveaways

About the Sponsor: <span class='notreplace sponsored'><a href='http://aspireclicks.com/RasmussenAllNursesfsb' title='Visit Rasmussen University' data-ipstooltip  target='_blank'  style=Rasmussen(2).jpg" data-imageproxy-source="https://staticimg.allnurses.com/custom/logo/rasmussen(2).jpg"> The Rasmussen College School of Nursing offers career-focused degree options that can help launch or advance your nursing profession. With a curriculum that is continuously evaluated and updated to include the most advanced patient-care procedures, you'll have both the insight and skills you need to improve the health and well-being of your patients. Follow Rasmussen College Nursing Articles & Blog for educational, engaging and entertaining industry-related content.

Specializes in Geriatrics, Dialysis.

Loved Hawthornes character but just couldn't stomach the show. I know it's fiction, but come on. No nurse anywhere is doing the crap she did, cripes, she single handedly ran that hospital!

Love "Mama" Jesse from Code Black and Kenny from Night Shift. My all time fave still has to be "Hot Lips" Margaret on MASH

My favorite nurse is Zoey Barkow from Nurse Jackie. I loved watching her evolve from a nursing student to a supervising R.N.

Jesse "mama" from Code Black.

1st Lt. Kealani Kellye, a minor character from MASH. Her last name changed a few times in the run of the show. Nurse Kellye was like most of us: hardworking, uncomplaining, self-sacrificing, and working mostly invisibly behind the scenes.

3fa2aa2a7c93aa5800d8aaa14395032d.jpg

Specializes in Addictions, psych, corrections, transfers.

Nurse Zoey Barkow from Nurse Jackie. She grew on me.

Specializes in ED, Tele, MedSurg, ADN, Outpatient, LTC, Peds.

ER RN Carol Hathaway, compassion and courage.

MASH Hot Lips is the reason I chose nursing and the military.

Of course, all the nurses on Call the Midwife is awesome, too. And Dixie McCall on Emergency.

The winner of the 2017 National Nurses Week Choose Your Favorite TV Nurse is user JenYRN who selected:

Zoey Barkow from the TV show "Nurse Jackie"

Specializes in Hospital medicine; NP precepting; staff education.

Congrats

How did none of us think of Starch from Trapper John, MD

+ Add a Comment