2017 Winter Nursing Article Contest: 4 Lucky Winners $150 Each

Christmas has passed and the New Year is here. It's time to get your creative thoughts in gear for the 2017 Winter Nursing Article Contest. Nurses Announcements Archive Article Contest

2017 Winter Nursing Article Contest: 4 Lucky Winners $150 Each

It's time for the 2017 Winter Nursing Article Contest and everyone is encouraged to participate. We've had lots of first-time writers in the past contests. If you've ever thought about writing, allnurses is a great place to test out your writing skills. And who knows... You may win $150.

Articles must be submitted between Dec 15th - Mar 31st.

$600 in cash prizes! The 4 top articles will win $150 each.

You can write about anything nursing-related for this contest.

Need some inspiration?

Try reading some of the topics posted in the past year. Many questions have been posted - people are just craving for knowledge.

Here are some of the winning articles from past contests....to give you some idea of what our readers like and want more of:

If that's not enough to motivate you, how about $150? The top 4 articles (chosen by our members) will each win $150!

Need a few helpful tips?

TIP #1: Articles written on a personal level that answer a frequently asked question are popular with our readers.
TIP #2: Articles that promote engagement and are personal (personal to you; personal to reader), usually have the most replies.
TIP #3: The more descriptive the article is the better the response from the community.
TIP #4: Articles written by members who provide helpful feedback on other topics/articles usually have the most replies and shares.

Articles can encompass daily work, past experience, education, technology, etc. If it's nursing related it's acceptable. You can write about anything for the contest. Surprise us.

The following are just some suggestions:

• Provide How-to on specific nursing tasks. (good for newbies)
  • Share your most chaotic unforgettable day (no real names please)
  • Share your most gut-wrenching moment with a patient (no real names please)
  • What was the funniest thing you have seen (rated G)?
  • Share an inspiring nursing story
  • Provide insights/challenges for the typical xyz nurse
  • Nursing and Humor

4 winners - Total Cash Value of $600! $150 Each!

Contest Rules:

• Check grammar, punctuation, spelling.
  • Must comply with our contest rules and Terms of Service.
  • Must have a minimum of 600 words and be nursing-related..
  • Must be submitted between Dec 15th - Mar 31st.
  • No plagiarism
  • Articles will be reviewed and approved by staff for consideration before displaying publicly.
  • Must be unique; cannot be listed on other websites, blogs, article sites, books, etc. prior to posting on allnurses.
  • Must not contain advertisement or embedded self-promotional links.
  • You may submit multiple articles.
  • You grant permission to allnurses.com rights to publish in social media, magazines, books, etc. You will be notified and credited if published.

Want to submit a topic? Start here: How to Submit an Article

Grab a cup of coffee or hot cocoa and start writing.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

(Columnist)
83 Articles   5,923 Posts

Specializes in LTC, Rehab.

I'm working on mine!

Specializes in Peds, Med-Surg, Disaster Nsg, Parish Nsg.
I'm working on mine!

Looking forward to reading your article.

Specializes in Intensive Care Unit (Trauma & Cardiac).
Specializes in Intensive Care Unit (Trauma & Cardiac).

can i submit multiple entries?

All articles are automatically entered in the contest. Thank you for your submission.

can i submit multiple entries?

Yes you can submit as many articles as you want.

ALERT

The Winter contest will be ending on March 31st. You have just a few days to get your articles in. Articles will be accepted through 11:59 pm EST on March 31st.

Specializes in CCU, MICU, and GMF Liver.

When will winners be chosen?

What's the criteria for winning? i.e. most shares, reads, comments, etc.

The winners will be chosen by the community by voting for the top 4 from a list of 10 top articles. The top 10 are selected based on various stats as well as quality. Just because you have a late entry does not knock you out of the running. Two of the 4 winning articles in the last contest were submitted in the final days of the contest.

Specializes in CCU, MICU, and GMF Liver.

Can you disclose the various stats? I.e. times read, shared, active comment section?

All stats are visible at the top of every article including views, comments, likes, shares.

This contest is now closed for submissions.

If you submitted an article this past week and have not seen it on the site, don't worry. We had so many submitted this week that we couldn't publish them all. If you submitted before 11:59 pm on March 31st, your article will be published this coming week. It will take several weeks for us to read through all the articles (175) and select the top 10 for the community to vote for their top 4.

If you missed this contest, another one will be starting shortly.