Herzing University FNP program?

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

This program is now CCNE accredited as of yesterday. I was wondering if there is anyone who is currently in this program or if anyone has any opinions on it (besides the "FNP should not be online" opinions). This program seems to be something that could work well for me and is less expensive than other programs I have looked at; however, they are fairly new and this makes me a little nervous. Anyone know anything?

Submit Your Herzing University Review Today!

Tell us what you think of Herzing University.

Hi everyone, I spoke with an admissions advisor at Herzing and I like their program considering I work Full Time. They are one of my choices as well as Regis College and Bradley University. Anyone did Herzing here in California? How was it? Thanks.

Hi AprilJ90! I am very excited (in a not weird way) to have seen your post on this thread! I am a new nurse corps nurse and am scheduled to start the Herzing University FNP program. My chain of command is very supportive of my decision to start school already and is willing to help me find preceptors at the hospital that I am currently stationed at. I can't PM you because I'm still a new user and need 15 topic posts before I'm able to but I would really appreciate your guidance and advice as to not just pursuing the program but also excelling in the nurse corps while going to school. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks in advance!!

Hi Reyval04, I dont think I can PM yet as I'm a new user. I had a lot of questions about Herzing. how is there online learning experience is like? do they throw all the studying on you? Ive been in an online program before and we did all the studying ourselves with no lectures, and we had no idea what the exams would contain, so we read about 150 pages for an exam that can ask about any of the 150 pages. So is Herzing like that? or do they actually offer valuable lectures that help with the studying and the exams. do you recommend them? or should I look into other schools like Simmons college

Specializes in Programming / Strategist for allnurses.

Submit Your Herzing University Review Today!

Tell us what you think of Herzing University.

I have a few questions for you but I can't PM because I haven't met the required number of posts bah humbug. Would you be willing to email me?

How is the pharm course?

I am to start the FNP program at Herzing on 9/5/2017. For grads and current Herzing students, if you had to choose again, would you choose Herzing? I am so nervous I am making the wrong choice. However, my only other choice was Chamberlain and I have read not so good reviews. I need honest opinions about Herzing's FNP program. Thank you!

Hi, I am considering Herzing FNP program as well. I have applied at 2 other schools, whose decision dates fall around November and December. Herzing offers a really good scholarship through my current employer and I could start right away. I'm trying to decide if I am being impatient or if I should wait on decisions from the other 2 schools. Any reviews of their program would be appreciated.

Hello everyone, before considering this online program, please have preceptors lined up....where I live there is not a lot! Faculty at herzing DO NOT help with placement. Otherwise, if you do not find one, your graduation will be delayed by a semester until you find one....so I caution you....

Hi RNBSNN, sorry for the delay.....lots of reading/studying...lots of papers! There are some lectures...pharmacology had a lot, which I didn't mind..it's closest to being in a classroom. Also, I have mentioned before have your preceptors lined up for Adult healthcare, women's, pediatric, and geriatrics rotation! If you are unable to provide one there is a big chance that they will delay graduation by a semester....I don't think any other online school is different...there are 1-2 discussions each week that requires 200 words each and then the response questions to two of your classmates. Sometimes there are quizzes, some are timed...but they aren't bad. I wouldn't stop looking here, if you have any other schools in mind....research it! Good Luck!

Hi aprilj90, BSN,

I noticed this post is almost a year old but was interested in hearing how things are going for you in Herzing FNP program. I too am a busy mom (2 year old and 3 month old at home) and wife. Currently working part time, two 12 hour shifts a week, in nthe ER. I really need an online program that allows me to do clinicals in my area and would like to start and finish ASAP. I'm planning on starting the FNP program in January 2018. Looking for some honest feedback. Thanks so much!

My email is [email protected]. Sorry, can't message you as I haven't written enough posts :(

I just finished my 4th term at Herzing for the FNP concentration. Like most of you I work full time (I'm an active duty nurse in the Navy) and I have a spouse, 2 yr old, 1 yr old and a baby on the way. Yes I have a lot going on lol. Up until this point I was full time (2 classes at a time). I work night shift so I am able to do a lot of work at my job. I have yet to start clinical and am actually postponing that due to the baby being due but so far, I have no complaints. Yes in the beginning courses there is theory and research and you write a lot of papers but I wouldn't necessarily say it's hard work, just time consuming. Feel free to PM me any questions. Hope I helped some of you :)

Hi aprilj90, BSN,

I noticed this post is almost a year old but was interested in hearing how things are going for you in Herzing FNP program. I too am a busy mom (2 year old and 3 month old at home) and wife. Currently working part time, two 12 hour shifts a week, in nthe ER. I really need an online program that allows me to do clinicals in my area and would like to start and finish ASAP. I'm planning on starting the FNP program in January 2018. Looking for some honest feedback. Thanks so much!

My email is [email protected]. Sorry, can't message you as I haven't written enough posts

+ Add a Comment