Herzing University FNP program?

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

This program is now CCNE accredited as of yesterday. I was wondering if there is anyone who is currently in this program or if anyone has any opinions on it (besides the "FNP should not be online" opinions). This program seems to be something that could work well for me and is less expensive than other programs I have looked at; however, they are fairly new and this makes me a little nervous. Anyone know anything?

Submit Your Herzing University Review Today!

Tell us what you think of Herzing University.

I was wondering if you kept the course syllabus for the advanced patho for herzing. I was wanting to look over it so I could know what to expect.

Thanks in advance!

Specializes in alternative medicine.

has any one started the NP Program at Herzing? I am considering and would love to hear some recent experience with the program!

I am planning on entering Herzing in July. I am interested in seeing some of the class syllabus, any chance you still have copies you can send me?

Hi Jas2015,

how do you like the program so far? Im seriously considering it. Also looking for anyone in CaliforNia in this program or graduated from it.

Specializes in M/S, Psych, ART, CM, MT.

I am considering them myself and still unsure... Can anyone comment on the intensity of the program (part time, one course every 8 weeks vs 2 courses every 8 weeks - other than the obvious double the work load.) Does anyone know if they give class notes for lectures vs having to read the text and create you own? I mainly want to work in Infertility when graduate, but, I have been told to go FNP instead of WHNP.

Seriously, need to decide between the one course vs two courses at a time issue, it makes a very big difference in terms of time. I am able to not work if I want, however I have 4 kids. Part of me thinks PUSH through the full time program in 20 months (I have two courses to transfer so maybe less or maybe decelerate two parts of the program that are hard?)

Guess I am trying to figure out if they are worth it. I DO NOT want to go to a program that does not teach, and makes me read the text (300 pages per night on BS, when it can be summarized - like most other schools do...)

Any other thoughts or comments are welcome, please!

Hey did you end up starting the program? I'm planning on starting soon.. any feedback?

Specializes in M/S, Psych, ART, CM, MT.

Hi

Im going to be starting this fall, sept 8.

I am switching to the Nursing Education course - I can finish (I have transfer credits) the NE MSN in 12 (1/2) (1/2) (2/2)

Which track are you looking at?

Wondering if you still have your Herzing syllabus you could share with me?

Specializes in ED, Trauma junkie, a little bit of ICU.

How are people finding this program??

Did you complete the program through Herzing and pass boards? Do you know anyone that would recommend the program now?

Specializes in ED, Trauma junkie, a little bit of ICU.

I applied to Herzing (along with University of Cincinnati and Graceland University). I was told I would get in based on my GPA, jumped through all the hoops, and then a few weeks later got a call that they were closing the program to Minnesota students due to lack of available preceptors. Fortunately they refunded my money in a timely fashion and were very professional about it overall. I ended up getting accepted to the two other programs and decided on U of Cincinnati.

I applied to Herzing (along with University of Cincinnati and Graceland University). I was told I would get in based on my GPA, jumped through all the hoops, and then a few weeks later got a call that they were closing the program to Minnesota students due to lack of available preceptors. Fortunately they refunded my money in a timely fashion and were very professional about it overall. I ended up getting accepted to the two other programs and decided on U of Cincinnati.

I really want to find the right school. I want to complete my msn fnp sooner rather than later and would like to do it online. I am attending old dominion university for my bsn but don't want to stay at the school, I haven't had the best experience with the school. Have you started your program?

+ Add a Comment