Puerto Rico school feedback - thread #2

World US Territories

Published

Wow after 9 years and 1336 posts they closed our thread because it was too long.

The original thread and all the helpful posts can be found here:

https://allnurses.com/international-nursing/puerto-rico-school-28678.html

There are 134 pages in that thread but the last 130 pages were from 2010 and beyond and there is a ton of helpful info in there. Hopefully the current students will continue this thread as I graduate this month. Please try to read that thread at least a little bit before posting your questions here as it is very likely your question has been asked and answered on the other thread more than once.

Good luck on whatever path you choose!

Good luck!! and enjoy the island :)

UMET took all my pre-reqs A&Ps, Micro, history, etc...The Director is very well informed and she prepared my entire upcoming year courses right there and then. The lab rooms are amazing - took a friend who became an RN in Houston and she indicated the equipment was better than her school. YES it's in English " the nursing classes" - not general courses I think. Take the pre - reqs online in the states if you need some - this program starts Aug. 20th.

Hey everyone,

So I finally got a hold of admissions at La Inter and the woman said that they haven't reviewed applications yet, but they will be sending out decision letters by May. Has anyone else received anything in the mail or received this same answer?

Specializes in Geriatrics.
Hey everyone So I finally got a hold of admissions at La Inter and the woman said that they haven't reviewed applications yet, but they will be sending out decision letters by May. Has anyone else received anything in the mail or received this same answer?[/quote']

I recommend you to come to school around May to register. Registration for the August trimester started already. When I enrolled last year I never received my admission letter and decided to visit the school on the first week of May. They gave me my admission letter and I was able to register for the classes. I did everything in two days.

Good luck !!

Thank you! Would it be okay to visit around the end of May, or would that be too late?

Thank you! Would it be okay to visit around the end of May or would that be too late?[/quote']

I think it would be ok

Specializes in ER.

It's not too difficult to find a place - check clasificados [dot] pr online and if you check the group page on face book - enfermeria inter metro - you'll be able to interact with students who are in need of a roommate or graduating and wouldn't mind connecting you with their landlords.

For the Aug term, I came in July and sorted out a place/car/roommate, etc... I did buy a car fairly soon after - but it's cheaper getting it from another student - I end up paying a premium b/c I bought it from a dealer...and no one was really selling when I got there - most students sell it may/june b/c that's when they graduate...

I've tried the carpool thing with a flatmate - didn't work out well - but the carpool I do with mutual friends who also have cars and the same schedule seems to have worked out the best for all involved. :)

Hope that helps - if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! :)

Hi,

For those of you already in La Inter's program (especially that moved to PR)... how hard did you find it to get an apartment when you moved there? How early did you move to PR to start looking for somewhere to live before classes started?

And did you buy a car right when you got there?

The times I've been to PR I've found it very difficult and expensive to get around San Juan without one.. I know students car pool but that may get tough all the time I would think.

Thanks..

Thank you...

That definitely helps.

I will check out the facebook page, I appreciate it

It's not too difficult to find a place - check clasificados [dot] pr online and if you check the group page on face book - enfermeria inter metro - you'll be able to interact with students who are in need of a roommate or graduating and wouldn't mind connecting you with their landlords.

For the Aug term, I came in July and sorted out a place/car/roommate, etc... I did buy a car fairly soon after - but it's cheaper getting it from another student - I end up paying a premium b/c I bought it from a dealer...and no one was really selling when I got there - most students sell it may/june b/c that's when they graduate...

I've tried the carpool thing with a flatmate - didn't work out well - but the carpool I do with mutual friends who also have cars and the same schedule seems to have worked out the best for all involved. :)

Hope that helps - if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! :)

Is there any way possible you can copy paste the link to the page? All i found was an actual person with that name and they have 24 friends..i sent a friend request. That is not it right?

Hi,

Has anyone else received their acceptance letter? I got mine around May 12, so I could not make it to the May 14 orientation... did anyone attend that orientation and can tell us what we missed?

I'm also kind of confused as to the next steps in the process. When do we register for classes? When do classes even start?

Any advice or communication with other students starting the program this year would be helpful..

I've had a hard time reaching the school, which I understand is to be expected.

Thank you

If I am not wrong I think there is an orientation on June 21 not sure about the time yet. If you already receive your acceptance letter you should come and register the classes. The nursing department will not call anyone to let them know about registration. The sooner you do it the best class schedule you can get. Now are you doing a regular BSN or accelerated one ?

Good luck !

I am doing the accelerated one. I can't come on June 21 because of work, is there any other way to register? I'd like to do it ASAP so I can to get a better schedule.

Also, do you know when the first classes start? Is it August 1?

They don't really tell you anything at all on the acceptance letter..

Thank you..

+ Add a Comment