Herzing University FNP program?

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

This program is now CCNE accredited as of yesterday. I was wondering if there is anyone who is currently in this program or if anyone has any opinions on it (besides the "FNP should not be online" opinions). This program seems to be something that could work well for me and is less expensive than other programs I have looked at; however, they are fairly new and this makes me a little nervous. Anyone know anything?

Submit Your Herzing University Review Today!

Tell us what you think of Herzing University.

Just keep swimming:

I am looking in to Herzing University's online FNP program. Did you enroll? If so how do you like it?

Was it easy for you to find a preceptor?

Thanks in advance for all your help :

Specializes in Nephrology.
Just keep swimming:

I am looking in to Herzing University's online FNP program. Did you enroll? If so how do you like it?

Was it easy for you to find a preceptor?

Thanks in advance for all your help :

I have been in the program since January. I have been able to maintain a 4.0 GPA while working full time, but it's been rough! There is a lot of self study and self teaching as it is an online program. You should be ready for that...I probably study 20-30 hrs per week (including assignments).

Setting up preceptors has been the biggest challenge by far. There are not many NPs in my area that are willing to take students as it slows them down and this can affect their RVUs. I have been able to find plenty of MDs however, and the program allows you to do 49% of your hours with MDs.

Overall, the program still has quite a few glitches to work out as it is new, but I feel like I am learning what I need to through clinical experience and reading.

Let me know if you have other questions.

I have lots of friends in the Herzing program. One ready to graduate. All schools have their bumps but so far everyone I know is getting A's ...and good jobs. The school uses Blackboard verson Pearson e learning at the school I'm in. And I'm not goovin with my program at South U. The problem with all these threads about FNP schools is that no one gets the real info out there like what online e learning platform does each school use. Thats a huge question. And why cant we look at a online classroom before we buy into the program. Thats why I pay on a month to month basis with my school. I consider myself their customer, purchasing their expensive product. Its a good way to look at it. Sorta changes the conversation. I understand this because I am an advisor and on faculty at a small nursing school and at the end of the conversation, its a business - thats really what it is.

Hi Jas2015,

Sure thing, PM me

hi txrn2013! Have you started the FNP online program at Herzing? I start tomorrow and wanted to know others that are in the program ! Thanks in advance :)

I can't PM because I dont have enough posts :/

That's about the normal cost of an online program. They aren't any more expensive than the other online degree programs I've found.

Hopefully I start april 28th :-)

Hi I've been reading your post since I'm interested to apply in the MSN FNP program.Is Herzing online a good school and is it accredited and legit?

Any updates on the Herzing program? I'm in Texas (I have not had official verification that Herzing graduates are able to license in TX) and already have clinical sites set up. However, this is a new program and I would like to read more opinions prior to applying.

Specializes in Nephrology.

Bave - it's really getting better and we now have a new dean who seems promising. I know there are at least two students from TX who will be practicing in Tx so you should be okay there.

They are offering more and more things each semester...one being an online simulation and another being APEA review questions and board predictor exams....

Bave - it's really getting better and we now have a new dean who seems promising. I know there are at least two students from TX who will be practicing in Tx so you should be okay there.

They are offering more and more things each semester...one being an online simulation and another being APEA review questions and board predictor exams....

I'm from rural MN, and also had spoken with an admission rep from Herzing over the summer. I didn't pursue it any further because I had some of the same concerns as others had posted about. Did you finish the program yet? Were you able to find enough preceptors now? I would be concerned about that as I do live in a rural area...I am applying to Brandman as well, but the thought of flying out to CA 7 times over the next 3 years is unappealing...

Can anyone tell me about the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Herzing? I am thinking about applying this Spring and was wondering how the program is and anyone's thoughts Thanks in advance

+ Add a Comment