Northern california hospitals to avoid

Specialties Travel

Published

I just finished a travel assignment at Santa Rosa Memorial, Santa Rosa, CA telemetry and progressive care unit/icu. I'd advise anyone who is interested to stay away. The place has no organization, treats its employees terribly. The progressive care unit is one big dumping ground. I've never seen anything like it. Men and women sharing a large 4 bed room seperated by curtains. Floating sucks, the computer charting system is antiquated and difficult to see orders and you plan of care. I was counting the hours for my contract to be over. I was interested in the progressive care/step down the only patient they had were confused and needed baby sitters. You can have a patient at the end of the hallway and then supposedly a step down patient on the other side of the hallway. It was dangerous. I would not advise anyone to take a job there. Still in California. Anyone know any good hospitals for tele/icu/pcu? California is great otherwise

Yes it's called wkt work Kaiser time. They do stocking and setting up rooms

Basically they get a call from staffing saying they are cancelled, they refuse to be cancelled and come to work anyways. They cannot take patients, however can do vitals, accuchecks, transport, etc. The hospital says the census is too low for another nurse, but union doesn't let them get cancelled. Not sure how it works here, but at my old hospital you would request to float based on needs or use your PTO and enjoy your day off. Trying to stay neutral with this post haha.

Thank you for the heads up

Hi, May I ask... Any recruiters out there still hire LPN as travel nurse? Or only RN? Do I have to have atleast a year experience b4 i can be a travel Nurse?

Yes. No. Yes.

I do not have any experience hands-on. Do u think it is better for me to go into LPN first? Or RN? Or do my preregs at cc then go straight into BSN?

This is the travel nurse forum. Perhaps a student nurse forum could better assist with educational decisions.

Specializes in ER.

my friend worked ER at Memorial. Said she hated it and that travelers were not treated well

Specializes in Pediatrics.

RNFiona, did your friend detail how travelers were not treated well? Was it scheduling or assignment load or something else? Thanks.

+ Add a Comment