osce ( observational structured clinical examination)

World Registration

Published

Hi,

I am internationally trained nurse from India. I applied for registration as RN in college of nurses of Ontario Oct 2011. They took over a year and finally determined that my education/ experience is not equivalent to those of current graduates of Canadian nursing program. They have asked me to write Observational Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) and pass in order to show equivalency. My question is that have anybody else been asked to take OSCE exam and what to expect? Also what does the college consider while evaluating education as other nurses from my college have been given eligibility without fulfilling any other criteria or exam!!

Has anyone who gave test in August got the results . How long cno take to send the results

What documnets does CEPHEA wanted, is it only nursing transcript, or any other degree u have acquired, does one necessarily have to add his or her high school certificate that qualifies him or her to do the nursing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks colleagues

hi colleagues I was asked by CEPHEA to register for the evaluation online. There is a column for documents and I don't know exactly what documents are they refering to. Is it only the Nursing transcript and Certificate they are referring to? or any additional certificate one is holding say additional degree. Do I need to add my High School Certificate that qualifies me to the the nursing programme. Any help would be much appreciated. i need it to register for the evaluation from CEPHEA once the link is open . Thanks in advance folks.

Hi! I am new to this forum and i'll be taking the osce on january 29. Anybody who took the exam? Can i have some tips.i'm getting so nervous about the exam.please.. Im from scarborough.

Same here.my exam this coming 29..huhuhu

To Danniele_30 ,kidgen2x and sonus5160,,goodluck guys..may the lord guide all of u in your OSCE..pls share your experience once your done in OSCE,,its a very big help for newbie like me,,but still awaiting for my OSCE/exam date..

Hi rianne,,if you dont mind,,can you share your tips/scenario with me,here is my email:[email protected] and god bless

hi cbo31,i am newbie in this forum site,also in OSCE ,is it possible if i can get ur mobile no,gonna ask your OSCE experienced and other matters...i am from ontario,and graduated from phil too.

ty

hi,may..

may i know which part of toronto are you?

ty

hi nmlola,,where are you here in toronto..ty

it depends,mine took 5 months ,sent my particulars in CNO last june,,but a guy from Cno who received my package kit told me will take about 6months.

helloooooo,

Please i seriously need your advise, i am a nigerian nurse, i have registered for november 2014 osce exam but THE ISSUES is that i dont know anyone to stay with in ontario, how do i apply for visa, do i have to book for an hotel before i apply for the visa? if i have to book for an hotel, how do i know which hotel to book for?

also cephea sent me an email that they will send me registration confirmation letter by standard mail to help with visa application prior to invitation letter which will be ready 4-6weeks before the exam, please i will also like to know how long it will take get the registration confirmation letter?

thank you and expecting your replies

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.
helloooooo,

Please i seriously need your advise, i am a nigerian nurse, i have registered for november 2014 osce exam but THE ISSUES is that i dont know anyone to stay with in ontario, how do i apply for visa, do i have to book for an hotel before i apply for the visa? if i have to book for an hotel, how do i know which hotel to book for?

also cephea sent me an email that they will send me registration confirmation letter by standard mail to help with visa application prior to invitation letter which will be ready 4-6weeks before the exam, please i will also like to know how long it will take get the registration confirmation letter?

thank you and expecting your replies

Check what the CIC website states in regards applying for a tourist visa. For hotels I would suggest looking online to hotels in the same area as where you will be doing your OSCE and see what is available as well as what you can afford.

Thank u soo much 4 your reply, but pls how do I know I am not booking hotel with a fraud? Also pls do u know how long it takes for cehpea to send the registration confirmation letter?

Specializes in NICU, PICU, PCVICU and peds oncology.
Thank u soo much 4 your reply, but pls how do I know I am not booking hotel with a fraud? Also pls do u know how long it takes for cehpea to send the registration confirmation letter?

What do you mean "booking a hotel with a fraud"?

The length of time it takes CEHPEA to send out confirmation letters will depend on how long it takes to obtain the necessary documentation and assess it. The length of time it will take that confirmation letter to reach you is unknown.

You do realise that ALL costs associated with any assessment of credentials must be borne by the applicant, don't you?

Also please note: Per our Terms of Service please post in English only; no text/chat speak.

+ Add a Comment