Alvin Community College LVN program

U.S.A. Texas

Published

• by Kdrenee
    Specializes in inerested in school nursing, peds, OR.

Is anyone applying for the summer 2014 LVN program? I have been accepted to Chamberlain college of nursing in Houstons BSN program, but after seeing how much it really costs I have decided to get my LVN first and bridge to ADN then get my BSN.

It says on the acc website that they do not use GPA for acceptance, only HESI scores. Anyone who has been accepted, I made a 92 on my HESI, do you think I have a chance?

I would love any feed back or information on the program!

Thanks!!

stefonee356

137 Posts

You will for sure get accepted! Good luck with everything.

is anyone applying for the summer 2014 lvn program? I have been accepted to chamberlain college of nursing in houstons bsn program, but after seeing how much it really costs i have decided to get my lvn first and bridge to adn then get my bsn.

It says on the acc website that they do not use gpa for acceptance, only hesi scores. Anyone who has been accepted, i made a 92 on my hesi, do you think i have a chance?

I would love any feed back or information on the program!

Thanks!!

Kdrenee

401 Posts

You will for sure get accepted! Good luck with everything.

Thank you!! I hope I do! Another thing.. I saw post about having to take the ACT? I don't recall seeing that online. I have not taken it. Do you know if I will have to?

Do you know about how many students get accepted and about how many usually apply?

Thanks again!!

Kdrenee

401 Posts

Nvm, I just found it! They no longer look at ACT scores. Changed to HESI only!

stefonee356

137 Posts

They accept only 50 students... im not sure how many apply. I applied for this past summer but was put on a waiting list of 20 ppl. Yeah you no longer have to take the ACT thank God! I hear the HESI is easier.

Kdrenee

401 Posts

Yes it's pretty easy! I've taken it twice.. The first time I didn't study at all and made an 86, the second time I studied only the math section and made a 92!

I am applying to this program, I live in Houston and had to retake Biology. Is there any chance I will still be accepted?

drea930

20 Posts

I am also applying to Alvin's LVN program for 2014. I have all the steps completed for the application besides my Hesi. I am taking it on dec 4. A 92 is a really good score, I'm sure you have a good chance. I heard about 200 or so applied but lots don't turn in Everything in on time.

Kjwest

9 Posts

Has anyone else found out if they made it in?

Leah82593

1 Post

I made it in! I wonder how many applied?? Because everyone I've talked to that applied made it in as well...

I was accepted! I am so excited. Why did we find out so early? Did only a few people apply?

Kjwest

9 Posts

I think not many people passed hesi or didn't attend a meeting.

+ Add a Comment