STARTING FL IPN

Nurses Recovery

Published

hello all you fabulous nurses in recovery!

i am just beginning my journey to getting my rn license back to normal. i've reported to the board, been referred to IPN. IPN referred my to a list of physicians for my IPN facilitated evaluation which is sceduled for dec 5th. can anyone tell me what this eval consists of? and maybe what to expect as i start this journey? i know the financial part is going to be a struggle for me. i've been working a min wage job. haven't worked as a nurse since 2008.

Hi everyone!

Where can I get information on reinstating my license after surrendering it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone!

Where can I get information on reinstating my license after surrendering it?

Thanks in advance.

You need to call the State Board for the State you surrendered it in. So for example, if you surrendered in Florida you need to contact them and see what step's you need to take to be able to get a hearing for reinstatement..

Hope this Helps.

I have a question that I cannot seem to get answered anywhere. Has anyone in the IPN program in Florida been able to utilize their health insurance to help pay for costs of treatment in the IPN program??? Please advise???

Specializes in Main O.R. and CVOR.

I don't have insurance and didn't have any when I started the program. I noticed when I went for my eval with the addictionologist, they did not accept insurance. the cost is anywhere from 500 to 1000 dollars. I do see a psych dr and psychologist and they would accept insurance if I had it. I go to a stated funded facility so it's all free for me there. I believe if you are required to do IOP treatment, you should be able to use your insurance if it's accepted there. the IPN required meetings and drug screens are not insurance accepted. good luck!!!

I have a question that I cannot seem to get answered anywhere. Has anyone in the IPN program in Florida been able to utilize their health insurance to help pay for costs of treatment in the IPN program??? Please advise???

My health insurance pays for my therapist. As for the UDS's you have to pay for that yourself. I know of some nurse's who have to see an addictionologist and their health insurance covers that. What are you looking for the insurance to cover?

southernpoint, are you located in Jacksonville? the reason i'm asking is i'm in the IPN nursing support group in Tallahassee. Tally has only 1 group, and only 2 hospitals. I am thinking of transferring to Jacksonville with the hope of meeting other nurses that may have connections on jobs. the group in tally is very clique-ish. I've never felt included and the facilitator doesn't seem to really care to talk to me about my concerns. do you have any advice?

southernpoint are you located in Jacksonville? the reason i'm asking is i'm in the IPN nursing support group in Tallahassee. Tally has only 1 group, and only 2 hospitals. I am thinking of transferring to Jacksonville with the hope of meeting other nurses that may have connections on jobs. the group in tally is very clique-ish. I've never felt included and the facilitator doesn't seem to really care to talk to me about my concerns. do you have any advice?[/quote']

I am in South Florida. We kind of have the same issue's down here as you have up there. We have 1 major hospital system who basically own's our area. As for the NSG's we have 2. The group I belong to is awesome. Our facilitator is great and is there for everyone and is always willing to help each and every one of us.

I am sorry you are having these issue's with your group and fellow nurse's. I would say call you case worker and speak with them, but I honestly have no clue how that would turn out. If you can afford to transfer that might be what you need to make a clean start and to get yourself moving forward.

PM me if you need someone to talk with.

Thanks so much, southpoint! the more I think about it, the more I believe transferring would be better! i'll let you know what happens! appreciate it!

What is the MMPI test?

What is the MMPI test?

It's a Persinality test for mental health. Google MMPI. You'll find plenty on it.

I'm awaiting my paperwork from IPN at this point(the intake paperwork)and was just terminated last week from my position as an ER nurse in Southern FL. So basically I'm at the panic point. I was reading SouthernPoints info and found it helpful and scary. I guess I cant private message her until I've posted 15 things? I'm afraid that I'll never be able to practice nursing again. I guess I'm on here cause I can't really talk to anyone. I can't bare to tell my parents at least not yet. I have a wonderful husband and two amazing step kids that we have 50% custody of. My husband is being as supportive as he can but he's rightfully angry that I've made dreadful decisions that will financially stress us at the least. We NEED my income and that's heart breaking to know I caused this. 100% my fault. Does it get easier and will there be a day I don't have to hate myself? Sorry if the post sounds "poor me" but it's still super fresh and unimaginable. Thanks for reading.

Specializes in LTC, Management, MDS Nurse, Rehab.
I'm awaiting my paperwork from IPN at this point(the intake paperwork)and was just terminated last week from my position as an ER nurse in Southern FL. So basically I'm at the panic point. I was reading SouthernPoints info and found it helpful and scary. I guess I cant private message her until I've posted 15 things? I'm afraid that I'll never be able to practice nursing again. I guess I'm on here cause I can't really talk to anyone. I can't bare to tell my parents at least not yet. I have a wonderful husband and two amazing step kids that we have 50% custody of. My husband is being as supportive as he can but he's rightfully angry that I've made dreadful decisions that will financially stress us at the least. We NEED my income and that's heart breaking to know I caused this. 100% my fault. Does it get easier and will there be a day I don't have to hate myself? Sorry if the post sounds "poor me" but it's still super fresh and unimaginable. Thanks for reading.

Good luck..it does get better..lots of great people here to talk to.

+ Add a Comment