San Antonio College Spring 2012

U.S.A. Texas

Published

Hi all!

It's getting to be that time again. Where we eagerly wait for a reply from the nursing school. I read on the official SAC Nursing page on Facebook that we should be notified no later than October 1st of our status.

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling. :)

HI, I am planning on applying for fall 2013, and I have some questions for those of you who have gone through the process of applying. First off I was wondering if there are other programs around San Antonio that I should apply to, just incase I don't get in? Also, I have a 3.1 GPA at the moment, I still have to take chem, anatomy I & II, micro bio, ethics and psychology. The admissions counselor made it seem like I'd get in for sure as long as I maintained As and Bs, but for some reason I don't believe her because it seems like everyone I meet has a way higher GPA than me.

Any advice would be helpful. How was your application process?

Specializes in Medical/Surgical, Telemetry.

Since you have so many classes to take, I would advise a BSN program. As students we're getting a lot of pressure from hospitals to get a Bachelors because they're trying to achieve magnet status. Several have even enacted hiring freezes for associates degree nurses. Acceptance into SAC might get much easier due to this but you will have to continue to a bridge program after graduating. There's UTHSCSA, UIW and Wayland offering the BSN in San Antonio and theres many online bridge programs. Good luck to you! It's a difficult journey but as long as you put in the effort, you will succeed.

I currently am applying for the Spring 2013 semester- I have a 3.1 with all courses completed. Can someone advise if my GPA may affect me getting into the program?

Hi rg2007, did you apply for spring 2013? I did and im so nervous waiting for the results! Have you finished up your pre reqs?

when is the application period for spring 2013?

I believe it started June 1st till August 31st.

I applied in the summer of 2012 for the spring 2013 classes. I hadnt recieved any emails but figured it was because i had not yet completed ethics. December 7th i got an email saying i was conditionally excepted. Does this mean as long as i get the packet and everything else turned in i will be accepted to the program? It says i will start in flex 2 semester. I hope this aint a dream!

Congratulations Alexmer!!! Yes, the conditional acceptance is an acceptance to the program with the only condition of it being that you must turn in a complete packet. Congrats again!

Hi all!

It's getting to be that time again. Where we eagerly wait for a reply from the nursing school. I read on the official SAC Nursing page on Facebook that we should be notified no later than October 1st of our status.

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling. :)

Did yall have to take the HESI to apply for RN school? Im trying to go there and i was wanting to know. Thanks

No there is no HESI or TEAS V requirement at least not yet.

Hi JonC84, I have received conditional acceptance for the fall of 2013 and I am a little confused and hope you can clarify for me.... Do I need to register in person or can this be done online? Also do you know how long does it take to get back the "blue card" from BON? I am kinda nervous about the whole process! thanks :-)

+ Add a Comment