So we can't wear clogs...

Nurses Uniform/Gear

Published

I was recently accepted into a nursing program and found out that we cannot wear clogs. I am so upset because I love my Danskos. They are well broken-in, and have proven to be great when having to mostly stand for 10+ hr shifts.

So with that said...any recommendations? I wouldn't mind a sneaker, though I don't know if I will really be flying around on clinicals. Also, I have heard some stories about fluids, etc. getting on sneakers, and being harder to clean. The Danskos are great since I could just wipe them off. :arghh: I am looking at the Timberland Renova Pro, would this be considered a clog too?

We are not allowed to wear Crocs because they were proving to be a slip/trip hazard.

I don't know what's the problem but I trip ALL THE TIME in my Crocs. Makes me look like an idiot.

Also, I was told the holes issue was more about sharps falling on your foot. Your toes are usually more exposed than the outer arch.

Specializes in Pediatrics.

I don't know what's the problem but I trip ALL THE TIME in my Crocs. Makes me look like an idiot.

So did I, when I wore them! I'd always look around to see if anyone noticed :)

Specializes in Acute Care, Rehab, Palliative.

Their concern is the risk for an employee hurting themselves by falling.

Or maybe your employer wants to weed out complainers and insubordination... It's work shoes, bro. It's not like your identity is at risk if you conform to wearing approved shoes...

Many losers have mentioned the safety aspect of clogs here.

Um...what? Losers?

Or maybe your employer wants to weed out complainers and insubordination... It's work shoes, bro. It's not like your identity is at risk if you conform to wearing approved shoes...

WOW. You guys REALLY aren't getting it. It's not about style or identity. It's about a shoe that is most comfortable and therapeutic. I give up....bro.

Specializes in Critical Care.

I have to agree; No clogs. It's a totally reasonable rule, save your clogs other things and get yourself some shoes with a heel cup which are appropriate for the job.

Um...what? Losers?

Whoa, looks like my iPad had a mind of its own there!!! Posters, posters, posters!!! Time to edit that post!

Whoa, looks like my iPad had a mind of its own there!!! Posters, posters, posters!!! Time to edit that post!

LOL! Suuuuurrre...now we know how you really feel about us clog-wearers. ;)

LOL! Suuuuurrre...now we know how you really feel about us clog-wearers. ;)

Well,since you brought it up (I happened upon this a few days ago) ;)

http://the-pet-haven.blogspot.com/2008/09/cat-in-crocs-picture.html

+ Add a Comment