OHSU ABSN 2013 Applicants

U.S.A. Oregon

Published

I didn't see a thread.....although it is quite early yet for some to be thinking about the upcoming application session. I am a senior at Marylhurst/PCC, will be graduating Spring 2013 and applying to OHSU, Duke, and John Hopkins this Fall.

Anyone current students that have advice? Anyone who just applied have any tips for the application? Anyone else applying?

Good Luck to those taking Summer courses!

Specializes in Pediatrics, Women's Health, Primary Care.

Anyone else notice anything different or changed on their online application page-- did they add anyone else to the Fall 2013 ABSN application or did they update your application status?

For those who have been waitlisted, does anyone know how long the list is? Or what position you are on the list? Cheers!

i asked and they said they didn't know at this point slash even if they did they couldn't release that information to us

DANG! Thanks for the information though!

Waitlisted. I wasn't able to apply to any other program, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will all work out in the end. If not, I guess I will reapply next cycle.

I am on the alternate list as well. Although I called and they said that when letters go out on Monday they will tell you if you are "highly likely", "moderately likely", or "not likely" to get in. Apparently final decisions were made yesterday by the admissions committee. The woman on the phone also said that last year they had people from the alternate list accepted all the way up until orientation day, but that the first wave of accepted students must put down a deposit in the next 2-3 weeks, so alternates will start getting accepted then. Let the second round of waiting begin!

Anyone hear anything from OHSU yet about whether they will be calling or emailing applicants in addition to the snail mail letters we will all receive? Also does anyone know if they will have a fall cohort in addition to the summer cohort this year? I NEED to know. I'm going to die of anxiety and curiosity if we don't hear anything this week.[/quote']

I just received an admissions email informing me that I was accepted for the Fall cohort, so they will be having one this year. I may not accept it, as I already got into a much less expensive ABSN in my state. Good luck to you and everyone else!

Oh my goodness, I wish that I could find out something today :(

Has anyone else checked their application status online and has it changed?

Oh my goodness, I wish that I could find out something today :(

Has anyone else checked their application status online and has it changed?

mine is exactly same as it was before, so maybe if yours changed that's a good thing :)

mine is exactly same as it was before, so maybe if yours changed that's a good thing :)

Yeah mine is exactly the same, too. YOu probably got into the fall cohort then! So that's good. Maybe call again?

I got wait listed too. Haven't checked my application, but if it has changed it would just be more speculation. Either way, I'm happy to just have gotten this far, especially since I had only a few of my prereqs done when I applied. If I have to apply next year, so be it.

I have to say though guys, I know we are all super anxious to hear exactly what is happening, but barraging them with calls isn't going to help. Those poor people must be really busy, maybe we should give them a break. Unless you have to know to put down deposits elsewhere or something, maybe we should all just chill out, let them do their jobs, and accept that when there is more to know they will tell us. I am as excited and anxious as anyone, but they must be going out of their minds over there. Letters are coming with more information. Just keep checking the mailbox, and good luck to all!

I agree that they are insanely busy and do not need us breathing down their necks, but also understand that a lot of us are weighing what to do when accepted into other programs that do require a deposit and acceptance very soon.

I was accepted into a school in Texas, which is a lot more cost wise and to me, not as good as OHSU. That being said, if I am not accepted to OHSU, I would love to send in my deposit check and notifcation.

I was one of the ones who had received one of the "highly unlikely" e-mails a few weeks back and just today got another e-mail about being accepted as an alternate to "summer/fall 2013". The problem is, since I thought I was not getting in, I quit taking pre-req classes to take a CNA class instead. I still need to take stats and micro, so I am hoping I could enter the fall cohort so I could take those classes in the summer term.

Eek. I need to know about how likely is it that I will get in for the fall term, because I need to make some plans. Busy or not, I am calling tomorrow.

+ Add a Comment