Graceland FNP fall 2012

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

Anyone out there starting in the fall 2012 at Graceland fnp program?

Specializes in Transplant, step down, MS, ER.

I've applied for Spring 2013. I have 2 small children work full time and am trying to decide if I want to go FT or PT. I would like to be finished quicker but I'm not sure if its doable. My youngest is 3 months. Any thoughts?

Specializes in Medical/Oncology, Family Practice.
I've applied for Spring 2013. I have 2 small children work full time and am trying to decide if I want to go FT or PT. I would like to be finished quicker but I'm not sure if its doable. My youngest is 3 months. Any thoughts?

I was full time, but we don't have any children. I have several classmates who were able to do full time with kids, ranging anywhere from getting pregnant during the program to having toddlers, high schoolers, etc. you have the first semester to decide, so I would see how the first semester goes and you can always change it if need be.

Specializes in Critical Care.

I just got into Graceland University FNP program starting spring 2013...I will like to network with those who is currently in the program or will be starting with me this spring. I am excited to be part of the program.

I also just got admitted into Graceland FNP starting spring 2013. Still trying to decide if to accept or not.

I just got into Graceland University FNP program starting spring 2013...I will like to network with those who is currently in the program or will be starting with me this spring. I am excited to be part of the program.

I am starting at Graceland in Spring 2013 also! Would like to network with others in the program too.

I am going to start at Graceland Spring 2013 also! Would love to netowrk with others in the program. Congrats!

Accepted Graceland's offer to start FNP spring 2013. Congrats to you all.

Congratulations, I remember feeling great and enthusiastic when I got my acceptance letter. I am currently in my last year of school and excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I did full time and part time. I've noticed that full time status is very doable. What is most important is organization and family/friend support. I went part time because I wanted more personal time and overtime $. The instructors and staff are great, and in my experience, accommodating and understanding. They will try their best to work with you and keep you on course. The best advice I can give you is.... FIND YOUR PRECEPTORS EARLY! It took me 7 months to find a pediatric preceptor; contract completed only weeks before before the semester start. I live in a large city and still had a hard time finding a preceptor. So start looking after your focus session! Besides the stress in finding the preceptor and instructor site visits, the program overall was great. Good luck to you all :)

Anyone attending the focus session Jan 14 & 15?

Specializes in Hospice, Nursing Education, Primary Care.

I got an acceptance letter for the Post Master's Certificate FNP program starting May 6th. I start with Adv Patho. I really can't believe it. I am so excited and would like to hear other's experiences/advice.

+ Add a Comment