2013 UCSF MEPN Applicants

Nursing Students Post Graduate

Published

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for the 2013 cycle of MEPN at UCSF (application date would be September 1 of this year). I'll be applying for psych/mental health, and it will be my first time applying to this program. I was wondering if anyone else is out there who is applying for the 2013 cycle. I'm hoping we could share encouragement and tips!

Also, there's a thread for 2012 applicants- definitely check that out too. :)

Third try, but didn't get in. Good luck to everybody in what is sure to be an amazing class!

man, I'm so sorry, @smallcarbonfootprint. I feel like after three tries, you deserve a personalized answer as to why. That just doesn't seem fair. Did you apply anywhere else this year?

I feel your pain, smallcarbonfootprint, I just got my rejection. Ouch, it stings! Well, I'm honored to get to interview level.

CONGRATULATIONS to the rest of you!! It was great to meet you.

Thank you so much, and @scwolf and @smallcarbonfootprint I am sure the future is full of good things as well! I would recommend emailing your interviewers (if you didn't get their business card you can find their email address on the UCSF website) and asking if they could share their feedback with you. I'm sure you both are incredibly qualified and will find an abundance of other opportunities!

@scwolf and @

smallcarbonfootprint, sorry to hear about your notices....that's a serious bummer. Don't give up though! You're sure to get in somewhere!

Hi, Samdaman! I am in the same predicament as you are. I was accepted to both Columbia and UCSF for psych. I would love to talk with you to hear your thoughts. I have lived in NYC for 6 years but can't shake all the bad things I've heard about Columbia. Moreover, UCSF is a DREAM program, but keeping true to the "holism" that drew me to nursing, is a dream program enough to uproot/does it fit into my big picture?

I don't mind sharing my email: [email protected] --- I'd love to hear from you (and anyone else who is deciding between schools---what's your criteria? How are you making your decision?)

Last year's class created a Facebook group for accepted MEPNs. I think this is a great idea and just created one:

facebook.com/groups/528413217179562/

Please join so we can get to "know" each other :)

For now, it is an "open" group, but I can switch it to "closed" once we get a few more members. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Just joined the FB group! Thanks for getting it started @synapsse. :nurse: Also, anyone else get in for Peds?

Hey synapsse and samdaman. I had the opportunity to shadow a PNP at Packard Children's hospital last fall who had done the ETP program at Columbia. She did not have a favorable opinion of the program and said it was hugely expensive, and that the resources were outdated when she was there. Don't know if this helps at all, but after visiting myself (I have lots of friends in NYC so it was an original favorite), I decided not to apply when a professor I spoke with there said the place would not be a good fit for me. For context, I am interested in global health and nursing so that recommendation was based on my interests.

Im the #2 alternate for the PNP program. Congrats to the incoming MEPN class of 2013.

Since ive been scouring this forum for advice and expectations, I figured Ill go on record to help the next batch of applicants.

Ill post my final status when i know, which will hopefully not be June 15th - the day after final admittance. Steven mentioned there were 6 spots for PNP this year. Knowing that 1 is filled, congrats sarahcee - my chances are slim as historically (based on this forum's archives) Alt#2 hasn't been admitted to the PNP program. This will be a delicate situation as I enact my contingency plans, while still remaining hopeful. As a favor to all the alternates, if you mention you were accepted please indicate which speciality you applied to. Thanks.

Phew!

Accepted to AGNP-OEH!

I cant wait to get started

Is there anyone who knows what the schedule will look like, especially over the summer months?

Regards

JF

Congrats johnifors! I took some notes during the meet and greet with current students on the summer class schedule. I don't have those on me right now, but I'll post them later this evening or tomorrow

@rgk I'm so sorry to hear that but wishing you the best of luck! If there's any way I can be helpful, please do reach out!

+ Add a Comment